Today's Daily Text: We Will Kill Our Opponents

by cameo-d 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
  • bohm
    bohm

is there a pdf version of this spiritual food? :-)

• Mary
    Mary

Yes, yes! We're sooooo looking forward to anything new the faithless and indiscreet slaaaabe class releases!!

Smileys

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter

no he got killed before he could post it..

• cattails
    cattails

Text for Friday, July 17, 2009

***es09 p. 72 July***

I shall seek to annihilate all the nations that are coming against Jerusalem.—Zech. 12:9.

Why does Jehovah “seek to annihilate all the nations”? Because they persistently oppose the Messianic Kingdom. For harassing and persecuting God’s people, they stand condemned. Soon Satan’s earthly agents will undertake a final attack on God’s true worshippers, which will lead to the world situation described in the Bible as Har–Magedon. (Rev. 16:13-16) Responding to that assault, the Supreme Judge will defend his servants and sanctify his name among the nations. (Ezek. 38:14-18, 22, 23) Satan has no weapon that can weaken the faith or quench the zeal of God’s people worldwide. Our spiritual peace, which results from Jehovah’s saving power, is “the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah.” (Isa. 54:17) No one can forcibly deprive us of our peace and spiritual prosperity.—Ps. 118:6. w07 12/15 3:15, 16

• Will Power
    Will Power

Sounds to me like they are anticipating a big fat juicy court case to go public or something.

Just so they can say "we told you so" and do a good sift!

get rid of all the deadwood and restart with all new coloured glasses.

wp

• Robdar
    Robdar

I think I recall that very same daily text back in 1974. Do they do re-runs?

• bohm
    bohm

THATS spiritual food?! i want to know the ways and methods my family is going to get executed by jehovah so i feel motivated to praise him! i was expecting an article or something, WITH PICTURES! this is more like spiritual dandruff on the soup.

guess i have to write bethel for an extra serving...

ps

there are two ways to look at what spiritual food becomes after you have eaten it. one is nourishment, the other...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Soon Satan’s earthly agents will undertake a final attack ..."

Wow, they used the word "soon". This must be really, really close you guys. Maybe we should go back to the Kingdumb Hall!

"No one can forcibly deprive us of our peace and spiritual prosperity."

Yeah, I just checked and the local hall has been out of stock on the "peace" and "spiritual prosperity" since the mid-70s. How would anyone forcibly deprive them of something they ain't got?

B the X

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Oops...sorry...

rerouted here....with my (paraphrased) version and some other commentaries.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/178829/1/Examining-the-Scriptures-Daily-Text-We-Will-Kill-Our-Opposers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit