Original Carl Oof Johnsson Correspondence with Governing Body

by besty 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• besty
    besty

cab you have an email :-)

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Thanks for the letters... I too got tired of "waiting on Jehovah"... so presumptuous of me...

• Farkel
    Farkel

besty,

Was that Cyril Chain or Cyril Chan?

In answer to the question whether Carl's original letter was in the Gentile Times Reconsidered, the answer is yes. I also recall that he included the responses from the society, too. It's been a number of years since I last read the book, but I'm pretty certain its all there. What was most amazing to me about the whole correspondence thing was how long the GB sat on the information, and how they quietly began their witch hunt against Carl.

They used the same tactics with Ray Franz.

Farkel

• Gregor
    Gregor

Thanks, Besty.

I don't have my copy of CofC at hand but could someone confirm Franz' quoting of Knorrs statement to the GB, (paraphrasing) "I don't know about this 1914 date but I hope it is correct, we have a lot riding on it". I believe this was about the time the above correspondence was going on with COJ. They must have been on high alert about this upstart in Sweden who was mucking about with their bedrock doctrine. I like the sly way the early reply was trying to get the names of all involved under the pretense that they might want to correspond with them! Right.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Gregor,

:I don't have my copy of CofC at hand but could someone confirm Franz' quoting of Knorrs statement to the GB, (paraphrasing) "I don't know about this 1914 date but I hope it is correct, we have a lot riding on it".

Ray Franz heard Knorr say that in a GB meeting when a member (Karl Klein?) introduced the idea that 1957 or 1958 might be the start of the last days because the Russians launched Sputnik that year! Ray reported this story in COC.

Farkel

• besty
    besty

Farkel

the handwritten note on the right shows that the letters EJ in the Bethel reference EJ:ESC were understood to stand for C Chain

on freeminds here:

http://www.freeminds.org/organization/brooklyn-bethel/writing-dept.-and-other-personnel-at-watchtower-hq.html?q=chain

one Cyril Chain is listed as a Writing Dept staffer

any takers on more info on said Chainster?

• VM44
    VM44

CHAIN, CYRIL H (Age 72)
    Bethel Writing Department

Possible Relatives:
    CHAIN, SAU LING
    Bethel art department.

• llbh
    llbh

Thanks besty, this is an incredibly detailed analysis of the facts from a number of angles, and shows the WTS to be deniers of truth, even when shown politely where the date is 607 is plainly wrong.

David

• life is to short
    life is to short

Marking

LITS

• St George of England
    St George of England

What is the current status of C O Jonnson? Is he still a JW or did he leave or get DF'd for his work?

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit