I need some good responses to the excuse "The elders are imperfect"

by BonaFide 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

That's why you need Acts 17:11.

"So... .where does the Bible mention [insert one the the thousands of JW concepts not found in the Bible]"

• flipper
    flipper

What Farkel said . I was thinking those exact thoughts after reading the thread

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

"The elders are imperfect."

Yes, then we should "keep on watch" for those who are to be sifted.

Jehovah, speaking through His inspired prophet, says such ones are to become as "scummy dross."

Eventually, they must cut off and thrown into the fire.

In the meantime, shall we not focus on the provision of regular meeting attendance and field service, while Jesus The Slave separates the wheat?

~Sue

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Thanks B the X and others. Yes PurpleSofa, I was a C.O. for 7 years. I still enjoy learning from others' experience, in fact I thought everyone on here was tired of hearing mine. I remember a couple of years ago a fellow elder in my congregation told me to stop telling my experiences from South America in my talks, it sounded like I was promoting myself. He told me to use the third person.

Anyway, thank you everyone for very good simple points. I will add them to the ones I use already and I will let you know how it goes.

All of us, put together, can bring the Organization down, I think. One brick of doctrine and lies at a time.

BF

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they are imperfect, then why can one get disfellowshipped for not perfectly agreeing with them?

• Farkel
    Farkel

I have another thought:

:I need some good responses to the excuse "The elders are imperfect"

"And if you want a second opinion, they are also assholes."

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit