JW mystery!!! "What came down from heaven?"

by Deputy Dog 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

JW mystery!!! "What came down from heaven?" I need a knowledgeable Witness to help me with this question.

In John 6:51 Jesus says: "I am the living bread that came down out of heaven" . Any JWs out there, who want to help me out?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I think they're all occupied with another matter.

The privy, perhaps? (1 Kings 18)

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Bttt

• yknot
    yknot

Could you explain a in a little more detail what you are seeking?

If you look at the text before that scripture he is talking about manna and I would assume his comments about coming down from heaven in regards to himself are that Jehovah has sent him as Jehovah sent manna. While manna sustained their forefathers for a period they all died without the manna being able to resurrect them in the last day like Jesus promises to do to all that believe.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

yknot

If jesus was just a man as (JWs teach), what part of him came down from heaven?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Interesting question.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'll tell you like an elder told me when I asked a "difficult" question: "You just accept it as stated. If you have to question it, you are spiritually weak."

• Farkel
    Farkel

Doesn't the WTS teach that Jesus is the "living manna?" Or, did they change that teaching in the last week or so?

Farkel

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

journey-on

You just accept it as stated.

That's the funny thing. There's nothing clearly stated.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

If Jesus is the living manna, why don't they "eat" him? Didn't the Israelites have to eat the manna to have life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit