Lost My Job Yesterday

by InOregon 18 Replies latest jw friends

• InOregon
    InOregon

I am a little sad today. I lost my job yesterday. I have only worked at this job for 8 months and my position was eliminated. At least I got 3 weeks of severance pay. I had a very good job for 24 years but I lost it last August. Everyone says I am a wonderful employee, then how come I have lost 2 jobs in less than one year? I am sure everything will work out fine eventually, but for now it really sucks.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Sorry to hear that. I lost my job about three months ago - not a great loss as I think the boss is a jerk. My wife lost her job about a month ago, that one sucked. She'd been there 18 years.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I'm in the same place as you. I wish I could offer words of wisdom or promises of a better future but all I got is empathy.

• zarco
    zarco

InOregon,

It is hard not to take job loss personally. In these economic times many qualified hard working people are losing jobs. Try to stay positive, it seems like changes like these can work out for the best. All the best to you.

Zarco

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Looks like it's time to spruce up that resume.'

Sylvia

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

Sorry. :(

I lost my full-time job a while ago. The place closed down and the bastard of an owner skipped out on paying me for the 40 hours I worked that week. Haven't been able to find another full-time job yet.

If everyone says you're a wonderful employee, you are. Places just have layoffs/cut backs/go out of business. I hope you find another job out there soon.

• yknot
    yknot

It is just this economy......

Even the hospital I temp at is reducing it's travel nursing staff by 60% by the end of summer.

Hubby was laid off and hired back at a reduced salary too.

Keep a positive attitude and I am sure you will find a 'get-by' job soon enough!

Never discount temp/employment agencies either !!!!

• Angharad
    Angharad
    I have only worked at this job for 8 months and my position was eliminated.

Sorry to hear that, I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago, really sucks especially when you had no idea it was coming

• imperialspy
    imperialspy

keep ur chin up m8!! if you are of the larger variety of people then keep all your chins up lol

just kidding - hang in there!!

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Hang in there, something will come around. In the meantime, here's a little joke to brighten your day.

An RCMP officer stops at a ranch in Alberta, and talks with an old rancher.
    He tells the rancher, 'I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs.'
    The old rancher says, 'Okay, but don't go in that field over there.'
    The RCMP officer verbally explodes saying, 'Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me.' Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the farmer. 'See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish..on any
    land. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?'
    The old rancher nods politely and goes about his chores.
    A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the RCMP officer running
    for his life chased close behind by the rancher's bull.
    With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer.
    The officer is clearly terrified.
    The old rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence and
    yells at the top of his lungs.....

'Your badge! Show him your badge!'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit