"The Wonders of Creation Reveal God's Glory" DVD -- watch on YouTube!

by inkling 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

At 4:40 in the first video they ask “Our Milky Way galaxy contains over 100 billion stars. Can we even comprehend such a large number?”

I can. It’s 80 billion less than the AIG bailout.

• inkling
    inkling

Thanks for the effort inkling, but there's no way I could watch more than a few minutes of that drival right now.

Well fuck all. I don't know if I could even start!

I keep trying to do a commentary on it, but I can't get through that drivel. Seriously it's killing me trying to watch it.

Hey, I hear ya.

I have had the DVD almost a week now, and can't bring myself to watch more than
    a few minutes of it. If I ever do watch through it, and find some interesting bits,
    I will post about them specifically. Until then, I just want it to to be available to
    anyone who might be interested.

I'm going to go out on a limb and take a guess that not all of the work done
    on this video was by watchtower artists. They probably purchased a lot of
    stock footage from production companies.

This seems likely, especially the wildlife stuff. It is very high quality photography, of some fairly
    rare stuff, taken with some pretty expensive equipment.

My friend does editing for a living, he went to collage, but didn't learn any of his editing skills there. It's not a trivial skill (when you get into pixel ratios and compression formats), but it's not something you need collage to learn - just time and experience in the field.

This is a fair point. Perhaps it is the work of a bright self-taught Bethelite with time and access to the
    right resources. The WT art department has gotten significantly more polished recently. There's
    some real talent there somewhere.

Now, talent in the thespian department? Not so much... ouch that dialog is painful. Like splintery wood.

Part 1 shows two galaxies unusually close to each other. There are galaxies that have collided with each other making a huge mess. I wonder how that befits a god who is supposedly a god of order and not chaos.

Maybe becuase god is like a 6 year old boy with badass toys? Come on, you are telling me that
    if you had control of entire galaxies, you wouldn't be totally tempted to smash them into each other?

I wonder if god makes crashy explody sound effects with his mouth....

[inkling]

• donuthole
    donuthole

@4:39 of Video 1 - "Look children - that is the pleiades system where Jehovah lives!"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what they have about using copyright infringement to force you to take it down so the public cannot see for themselves what they are getting into if they become Jehovah's Witlesses themselves (which they have the right to before committing, but the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery denies them). I have seen numerous art works that they have ripped off from worldly sources--Song 42 (the old book) is a blatant ripoff of Vangeles' song Chariots of Fire, and I would not be surprised if half of the photos and footage in this video that is not of Jaracz is ripped off.

I only wish someone would sue them for copyright infringement of such public documents not on the public domain as their own work.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

At 4:40 in the first video they ask “Our Milky Way galaxy contains over 100 billion stars. Can we even comprehend such a large number?”

Ha! Brilliant!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL donuthole

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you MissingLink and inkling !

• homeschool
    homeschool

I just posted on the other thread that's like this one. While a jw, I felt like those people in the boy's imagination dressed in white.

I'm going to have a very full day, being with lots of people who live life to its fullest...but I will be back later to check out these videos! (if I can stomach it )

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

donuthole - it's actually at :40 in video 12.

For those who don't know, the WTS used to teach that Pleiades was the eternal throne of Jehovah.

• kifoy
    kifoy

Thank you!

But it seems to me as if part 4 should have been part 12? And the end of part 5 is the same as the beginning of part 9... or am I totally confused here?

I've seen the first three parts, and I must say that this was surely made for them who are already convinced.
    And what normal 12-year-old (or something), when telling his father what he remembered from last year's vacation, would say "the sunsets"???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit