Last night conversation with wifey

by winstonchurchill 8 Replies latest jw friends

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

She commented on how clear the blood components/fractions issue was stated in the new book (we studied it this week). I went along and yes, the chart is very clear on what's allowed and what not.

We were having dinner. After a pause I asked her: "If i can eat potato, and I can eat beets, and I can eat carrots... then why can't I eat the whole salad?" She's slow but she got this one immediately, speechless. Still, she asked: "What are you saying? That we can use blood?"

I said "No. but why are fractions allowed, and components not? If I can use gammaglobuline, why can't I use platelets? Who drew that line? I understand that whole blood can be off limits, but I still don't understand why some components are allowed and some are not".

Then we agreed that if life depends on a fraction (or a component forthat matter), not taking it would be not valuing the sanctity of life.

I presented this to her in the most sincere way, and I know I got her thinking. She didn't fight back as usual.

Yeah I know, small stuff, but a giant leap for me.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Then we agreed that if life depends on a fraction (or a component forthat matter), not taking it would be not valuing the sanctity of life

This is EXACTLY why their blood doctrine/policy is wrong. It violates the sanctity of life.

Good work, winstonchurchill!

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

I presented this to her in the most sincere way

Yeah I know, small stuff, but a giant leap for me.

Congratulations on your advancement, and in taking that leap in such a loving way.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I know in my conversations with my wife, I didn't get past her cognitive dissonance. She stuck with WTS.
    "OTWO, if fractions bothers your conscience, then you are free to decide not to have fractions."

No matter how I tried to make it clear that this was all man-made rules, she was sure that whole blood was wrong, the prohibition was Biblical, and WTS was not violating that by letting each member decide how to apply that. She saw the fractions issue as a greater freedom and personal responsibility for each mind-controlled member.

• homeschool
    homeschool

you just said "she's slow" and "she didn't fight back as usual".... are these two separate things? when you say she didnt fight back as usual, are you implying she's finally coming around to your side? or that shes a weak person?

I think your beets, carrots, whole salad comparison is dead-on. good one...

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Homeschool:

I meant that she's now quick to get jokes, hints, points. Lovely woman, but she doesn't have a quick mind when it comes to abstract thinking. She's very roted on what she 'knows' (i.e. WT teachings). But she fights back rather quickly when she sees I'm not being 100% WT-ish. She's not a weak person; on the contrary I call her the woman of steel, great character. She needs powerful and uncontestable reasons to change her mind. I think yesterday I hit a nerve.

And BTW, her salad is the BEST in the world.

• homeschool
    homeschool

LoL... glad you interpreted that for me (the great character part, not the Salad part which was TMI )

• thomas15
    thomas15

Next time She serves you a salad, grab 3 or 4 clean plates and then place the various fractions of the salad on each plate. Lettace on one, onions on another, tomato on the third, salad dressing on the fourth. Then eat one plate at a time, say nothing except great salad dear.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Interesting conversation winstonchurchill...

Search "white blood cells in breastmilk" on Google, where you are likely to find many references saying that 1 drop of breast milk contains around one million white blood cells or leukocytes, that fight infection and activate other defence mechanisms.

Perhaps you can then use this info to further the conversation: Why can JW not have white blood cells transfused when God has this process already happening in nature??

Printing out the Jensen blood letters for her might be good too (an elder corresponding with the WTS over 5 years on the blood issue) You can find the info towards the bottom of this page

http://www.ajwrb.org/watchtower/index.shtml

Best wishes in getting through to her

Lukewarm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit