The biggest scandals in your local congs

by jacethespace 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

What was the biggest scandals[or incidents] in your own congregations that got you starting to doubt whether the watchtower was what it made itself out to be?

One the things for me was the attitude of the people in the congregation after i had took some time off meetings and then returned again.I quickly realized there was no unconditional love only conditional love.Also when the watchtower had a letter read out from the platform warning us to not watch the bbc panarama documentary on the watchtowers child abuse problems.And everyone just avoided watching it and said that it was "satan"trying to use anything to get us out the "truth".

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    the bbc panarama documentary on the watchtowers child abuse

OK, sorry for a short hijack, is there a link available to this??

• blondie
    blondie

Using Google and the words, BBC Panorama Jehovah's, gets this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/2114320.stm

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Heres the bbc link for the news report and the video

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/live_forums/2124808.stm

click the 56k sign and it will open in your own computers player.Although im not sure whether the bbc will run in america.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    Although im not sure whether the bbc will run in america

It will run, may try to watch at lunch...thanks Blondie and jacethespace, sorry for the hijack.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I remember that Jace - although I wasn't attending at time I was told (by local JW) that they were prewarned about the programme and 'advised' not to watch it, lol.

• Diva
    Diva

Yes, and I was one of those who refused to watch it. I thought it was Satan's attack of negative progpaganda, trying to discredit JW's.

I decided if I didn't watch it I wouldn't have to defend my JW beliefs the next day at work and put myself in a corner!

I regret not watching it now - but it goes to show the controlling power of the org, telling us what and what not to do.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Pedophiles

Pedophiles working with children in service, holding children, etc.

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

It was a while ago now when i decided to watch the above link for the panarama docu on jws.Couldnt believe what these people had gone through and how the watchtower and members could be so unfair and just ignore these people who were suffering.And just put it down to the devil , its completly the opposite of what jws make out they stand for and if there is a god i dont think he would overlook these abuses like jws do.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Getting back on the topic of biggest scandal in my old cong . . .

probably me committing adultery to leave my husband. He was an elder but stepped down 2 weeks before.

He remarried 2 years after I left and 10 years later she committed adultery to leave him.

He is still in the same cong and I bet they sit whisper about it.

The pedophile issue - I think it was too well hidden in the cong for anyone to connect the dots - but it was there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit