The Spain Branch will pay now to: bethelites, special pioneers, Circuit y Distric and missionaires

by JHK 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• undercover
    undercover
    I doubt that this is going to stop the COs, etc from accepting monetary or other "gifts" to help them maintain the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed...

Oh yeah, the green handshakes will continue for sure. Even when the congregation voted to pay for the CO's weekly expenses during the week, brothers who had the money and wanted to kiss some ass, would always slip the CO some bucks...I don't see that stopping.

• sir82
    sir82

In Spain, it is quite common that a lot of earnings are "black money", paid in cash so as to avoid paying taxes.

It is so pervasive it is really more like a part of their culture. A lot, a LOT, of JWs also do this.

There seems to be a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in the congregations. So long as individual JWs do not advertize they are doing this, it is just allowed to slide.

So those "green handshakes" will certainly continue - but that is not what the letter is addressing.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Yes I don't see what is controversial about this. The only thing I'm curious about is if the Branch will directly pass the Social Security tax payment directly to the congregations in the form of a charge or they will continue to foot the bill out of general donations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit