District Convention Theme

by allelsefails 10 Replies latest jw friends

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

I just went to the first 2 days of DC. Hers is what I heard: ,........

You don't need to know the day or hour to serve Jehovah well. ....

If you don't think the end is coming your time you will give up ........

Keep your sense of urgency ..........

The end is "near" it is coming "soon". (Whatever that means).........

The prophecies of FDS, Discreet Virgins, Talents, (Matt 24 & 25) have been fulfilled. .........

You need to be in expectation and keep on the watch because the fulfillment of Matt 24 & 25 is still future ........

Absolutely the most contradictory presentation of material I have ever heard. Not going to Sun. (don't think I can handle the Revelation bull) .....

Only went to be there for my wife didn't want her to drive and go by herself, but she doesn't want my help tomorrow. Fair enough - I'll sleep in. ...

QUESTION - If Jesus started reigning in 1914 does that mean there is only 900 years left of the Messianic Kingdom? I thought he was only going to rule for 1,000 years? funney ney?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Good point! 1,000 years starting from when?

• wobble
    wobble

He (Jesus) is not allowed to start counting his 1000 years until the GB/FDS tells him to !

Love,

Wobble

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is hogwash that you do not need to know when the end is in order to do your assignment. If people were given the assignments that best suited them (no bulls*** about testing people with assignments that they are not suited for, like having me go around and bringing men into the cancer), and treated well, they would not dog it just because they know how much time there is.

One example of this is when I go to work each night. I know exactly when quitting time for the day is going to be, and I usually know roughly how much work there is going to be for that night. If there is short work that night, I am not going to dog it--rather, I will try and finish early and catch up on other things or help other (deserving of help) people. On the other hand, if I had no way of knowing when quitting time is going to be, and the boss starts coming up with extra things that are blatantly wasteful for me to do to prolong it, then I am likely to dog it early on.

I wonder how many people dog field circus for precisely the same reason.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Maybe that's why it takes 40 years of preaching for the avg. JW to bring in 1 new member? Really seeing the urgency in that kind of work.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I guess he has wasted almost 10 percent of the 1000 year reign. He hasn't done anything yet. Or just maybe the Watchtower hasn't a clue.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Even my wife was confused by the talk that claimed Matt 24 & 25 was already fulfilled in the selection of the FDS, but immediately quoted verses from those chapters to encourage us to stay on the watch, and "if the householder knew when the theif was coming he would be ready". But they did know he was coming in 1914 - Right? So they were ready - Rright? SO what are we on the watch for? All the prophecies that talk about staying on the watch have already been fulfilled. I wish it made some sense so I could refute it - but it is so silly there is arguement needed.

• oompa
    oompa

allelsefails: But they did know he was coming in 1914 - Right?

oops......wrong friend.....they had been preaching for 40 years that the boy came invisibly in 1874........they knew THE END was coming in 1914.....that is what they were "ready" for.....oompa

that is why all the watchtower backt then were called "the watchtower and herald of christs presence".....cause they thought he was already present, just like now.......and like then......he did nothing......just like now..............

and what talk are you referring to in your last post?

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Oompa - good point they "knew" Armageddon was coming in 1914 and this system would end. - I stand corrected.

I think it was in the Talk "Jehovah, God of Times and Seasons" but I'm not sure (I wasn't taking notes.) I do know it was Friday Morning.

• sir82
    sir82

Theme of the assembly: "Hey 130 years of false prophecy doesn't mean we're wrong, just, um, watchful! Yeah, that's the ticket! We're watchful!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit