Did a householder ever "break your spirit" at the door?

by kitten whiskers 12 Replies latest jw friends

• wavvy
    wavvy

yeah doofdaddy...ironically, it was sometimes the ones who were the nicest that made me feel the worst.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

the ministry never broke me, i`m a people person so i just saw it as a challenge. one guy threatend to stab me with a pitch fork, i told him to do it. thinking back on that incident i would say that was a sign of just how despartely unhappy i was in the jw`s,so completely frustrated that i became very confrontational.

i used to ax pioneer, i was really struggling to make ends meet as my witness wife was a shopaholic (also a very unhappy person) i told an elder that i was thinking of stopping for the winter months to try an make more money, he told me i lacked faith.

one brother i knew actually punched a householder because he became so abusive, he got away with an apollogy. crazy days!!!

also remember meeting a guy who was brought up in the jw`s but had fell away, both his parents were of the 144,000 i was told. he sat there drinking whiskey unkempt, smoking, i was new into it was full of zeal going on about what jehovah would do etc etc.

he fixed me with a stare an said "oh thats what they belive now is it" and in that expression i felt so much disgust and regret, always stayed with me, and its nearly 25yrs ago now.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If anyone was abusive to me at the door I'd generally laugh in his face and walk away. My JW bubble was burst when I met someone calm and reasonable who proved to me that, as a JW, I didn't know shit about the bible.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit