How many of you have seen situations where the ELDERS DISAGREED?

by BonaFide 17 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I have spent literally hundreds of hours discussing with the C.O. or other elders how some of us elders disagreed with a certain elders' actions and what could be done about it. Or that a certain elder was doing a certain thing, or acting a certain way. Let me tell those of you that haven't been elders, they spend a lot of time arguing over what to do with whatever situation is the latest thing, or whatever elder is being unkind, or strict, or not strict enough, or lazy, or who to recommend as a servant or an elder, or who to remove, or whatever. Elders meetings routinely last 4 or 5 hours, no matter what the Society says. It is an absolute circus sometimes.

Recently an elder told me he had spent two weeks researching and discussing with other elders in other Halls, and the circuit overseer, whether or not to DELETE A MINISTERIAL SERVANT WHO PLAYED VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES. Some elders said yes delete, some said no. This was a very big deal to that elder. And the older ones who are never visited? The poor? The children?

Sometimes its regional, in some congregations the elders focus on music, or dress, or education, or materialism or who knows what else.

And they argue with the bro's from the other Hall about all this, and about the brother that moved or the remodeling, or the security system, or whether this certain elder qualifies, or this certain Ministerial Servant who may not qualify.

Elders DISAGREE all the time, and even feud, and talk about each other to other elders, and call elders in other Halls, and ask the C.O. Around the earth right now, elders are arguing somewhere.

Have you found this to be true? Feuding elders? Hours and hours of wasted time?

BF

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yep, I saw that from day #1.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "the spiritual paradise is a sham!"

And just a reminder Reniaa, you're not, have never been, and will never be an elder.

B the X

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

An elder disagreement where an elder got deleted.

Very sad, he was a great elder, just did not stay in agreement with the elder body of his congo.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"Elders meetings routinely last 4 or 5 hours, no matter what the Society says. It is an absolute circus sometimes."

Yep.

om

• sspo
    sspo

It happened in every congregation. Wherever you have different age, culture, background, level of education

and spirituality there will be disagreements. I do have to say most of the time there was agreement

on matters at the end of the day.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, a disagreement outside the elders' room..........in the KH, at a quick build, at a party

I remember once an elder stood up in the KH and said the PO was lying from the platform regarding the decision on a KH remodel...guess who wasn't an elder after that meeting.

Don't forget the fights between the elder bodies.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

How about yelling at each other in the parking lot...tee hee! Nice and public!

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Even though I am not an elder as an elders wife I have had other elders come and complain to me about my husband and how they do not like him and what he is doing is wrong and how they are so right. What the heck do they think they are doing like I am going to side with them? Totally crazy.

• behemot
    behemot

In my 13 years as an elder I witnessed many disagreements during elders' meetings.

Once a PO who was totally dumb and incapable (and whom the congregation barely put up with) was asked to step down (not as an elder, mind you, just as PO) by the entire elders' body (plus a troubleshooter special pioneer especially dispatched by the Branch) and he wouldn't budge, kept on (for hours!) claiming that Jehovah himself had put him in that position and that he didn't intend to let it go ... never seen anybody more glued to his chair ... very embarrassing.

Behemot

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There was a huge disagreement on how I was to be treated. I married the PO"s daughter and told him to mind his own business. After several attempts at running our lives and getting shut down he began talking to my PO and the CO, He tried to get the body to agree that I was causing:

Divisions in the congregation

Divisions in the family

And was dishonering his parents.

Half the elders knew what was going on and told him to handle this personal matter on his own. Along with that, a stern warning that causing divisions in the congregation is a strong accusation that should only be followed by fact, or they would have to follow up with him to see if he slandered anyone. The other half kissed his ass. In the end, the none ass kissers prevailed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit