Those darned apostates

by berrygerry 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

July 15, 1992 WT

"Apostates capitalize on errors or seeming mistakes made by brothers who take the lead. Our safety lies in avoiding apostate propaganda as though it were poison, which in fact it is."

I don't know where to begin with those two sentences.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well I would venture to say we don`t single out mistakes or errors made by brothers ,who take the lead , but also the GOD whom they worship. none other than Jehovah himself .

If he did indeed choose C.T.Russell and his successor J.F.Rutherford as his mouthpiece for the last days he could not have chosen a worse option .

Nothing , and I mean nothing , either of them has said , or printed in their magazines , tracts or pamphlets .has ever come anywhere near to being true.

So , the buck stops with JEHOVAH as being another false GOD .

Another invention of humans , by a thirteenth century Catholic Monk

smiddy

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"Apostates capitalize on errors or seeming mistakes made by brothers who take the lead. Our safety lies in avoiding apostate propaganda as though it were poison, which in fact it is."

We were trained by the best in the business. The Watchtower and Awake magazines have "capitalized"on the "errors and seeming mistakes" of every religion on the planet and shamed them publicly for it for decades.

• jhine
    jhine

Pete , I was thinking the exact same thing as I read the OP .

The words pot , kettle and black come to mind .

Jan

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Translation key:

Apostates=Liars/ demon infected/ spiritually dead

Errors/seeming mistakes= New light/adjustments

Our safety = We benefit from ignorance.

Poison= apostates are trying to infect us.

• steve2
    steve2

Excellent point Pete. It's right and proper yo expose the churches of Christendom for each and every mistake, backtrack and wrong understanding. But to even suggest God's chosen people make mistakes, backtrack or wrongly understand something is to incur condemnation and outrage from those at the top. Hypocrisy rules, okay!

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Amazing! And yet, 20 - odd years later, they change the identity of the FDS after saying beware of apostates and trust the FDS!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly with that Watchtower - those nit-picking apostates will jump on the least little thing we may get wrong, and make out that it shows us up as not being the true religion.

For example, just because Bro. Russell was only slightly mistaken about 1914 & 1915 bringing the rapture & Armageddon, Bro. Rutherford getting the 1925 resurrection date optimistically wrong, and Bro. Knorr et al foretelling 1975 as the end, just gives evidence that apostates use such insignificant discrepancies to turn people away from our truth!

Half of the lies apostates tell about us, aren't the truth!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The list of reasons why we shouldn't trust the GB is even greater!

Remaining ignorant to those issues IS THE REAL POISON!

• millie210
    millie210

The statement from the Watchtower in the original post sounds defensive rather than descriptive. Its funny that was written in '92.

Look how much more accurate information has been disseminated since that year by so called "apostates" and the Watchtower writers still have not come up with a better rebuttal than the one listed above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit