Do JW's now believe the year 2012 will bring armageddon?

by dutchstef 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sspo
    sspo

According to the Mayan calendar the end should be here in 2012.

Start selling your homes and enjoy the remaining years :)

The jw's will not beleive anything that's out there unless it comes from god's channel.

Old farts from Brooklyn have the final say.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The story is that a computer was made to outline the future of mankind and the computer stopped at 2012 because of how bad everthing is getting.

That computer is demonstrably not reliable - it is probably the same one that Nasa used to determine that a "day" was missing in the ancient rotation of the earth.

But then, it could not figure out why this was so until a god-fearing Nasa scientist brought in a Bible and showed how God stopped the rotation of the Earth for a day to help his chosen people win a battle.

My GAWD - why do the witnesses fall for all the pseudo-science fundy stuff so easily when they hate both science and fundamentalists?

• Chalam
    Chalam

2012 - Official Movie Site

'2012' Trailer HD

The JWs are going to love it!

All the best,

Stephen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The year 2012 (or a year shortly after) could well bring on the Second Dark Ages, from the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery. All they need is me to be forced through their Value Destroyer Training School (after wasting an unspecified number of years rounding up men (and just men) in regular field circus to qualify), get my billion simultaneous assignments that I cannot reject for any reason, get their critical mass, seize control of the government, and impose their doctrine as the Law.

Aside that, I see nothing special about the year 2012 or 2014.

• yknot
    yknot

Not!

The WTS/Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (CCJW) is no longer in the business of dates!

They have learned their lesson according to the last talk on Saturday's DC Program. They admit the were 'eager' like the Apostles before them.

.... The CCJW are into saying the end is 'near', around the corner, and imminent.....

Besides 2012 is 'pagan' by CCJW standards!...... and the WTS is setting to move 'ahead' with changes that will effectively make them look like other denominations in Christendom (tatic to avoid governmental scrutiny).

We need to dig up Cinn's "Bethel Heavies" thread!

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

The WTS/Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (CCJW) is no longer in the business of dates!

They have learned their lesson according to the last talk on Saturday's DC Program. They admit the were 'eager' like the Apostles before them.

I know of the talk of which you speak because I had the displeasure of sititng through it. Even so, I can see 2034 become the next 1975, just maybe not as played up as much as 1975 was. There was already a WT study article that hinted at the significance of 120 years from 1914.

Now that my mind is on the subject, I'm surprised that 1994/5 wasn't emphasized more due to the Generation teaching at that time. 80 years is pretty much as long as you could define a generation to be. Maybe they knew it would be doomed to fail anyway.

• yknot
    yknot

Oh 2034 was whispered back in 2007 from our KH podium...... I dare say with Teddy J. sidelined dates are pretty much going to be dead within 6 months, I think the CCJW/GB are wanting to curb too much expectation (but not all--that carrrot is still valuable) over 2014 approaching too.

I think more then any other GB this group understands how infuriating it is to be saddled with outrageous claims of past leaders and some of them will probably be still alive in 2034/35.

1994/95 was mentioned back in the late 70's. As for the 90s themselves, Lloyd Barry was far more into re-shaping the WTS into a more sustaining organization then in promoting Freddy nonsense...... Ted of course was at the opposite end of the spectrum.

.....Not hard to pick which of the men had a college education!......

• Heaven
    Heaven

If the Big 'A' is "imminent" and "on our doorstep" as they are presently claiming at the DCs, then we aren't going to make it to 2012, or any other date..... are we? ( What-Ever! )

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I think your Mama might have been sucking on those green Lollypops down at the markets.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit