Official Website of the Cult Diverts to Arabic Version?

by cofty 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Or is it my browser?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Could you elaborate? I assume you're talking about jw.org in which case that doesn't happen using IE 11. or Firefox.
  • Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    Everything's normal using Google Chrome. Not that I'm calling the site "normal" . . .
  • cofty
    cofty

When I type jw.org into the address bar or click on the link in google it takes me to jw.org/ar where alll the text is Arabic.

• cofty
    cofty

I just deleted my browsing history and tried again and still ended up in an Arabian market.

Might try deleting cookies but then I don't know if I have all my log-in details.

By the way I am using Chrome.

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter
    looks like you might have to learn Arabic to get access to that great buffet
  • cofty
    cofty
    Ah well it's all gibberish anyway.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Nothing unusual with Chrome on my part.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    For some reason I've had that happen to be several times over the past few months, but it's always Spanish for me. Guess someone should've sprung for a little satanic higher education. Or maybe it's based on the most popular language choice in the area - I don't there's any growth in the English-speaking sector of Scotland. Do you have a large Arabic community? All the (barely worth mentioning) growth here is in foreign-language groups, the biggest being Spanish.
  • cofty
    cofty

I can confirm there are absolutely no Arabic speaking JWs within many miles of here.

Very odd!

Even if I edit the address bar by deleting /ar it goes straight back to Arabic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit