The Realization of Whathehadas

by whathehadas 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

As a Jehovah's Witness, I always thought via the Bible that we had all of lifes answers. After my investigation which is not condone by the FDS. I have come to the realization that we don't have all the answers. I was fooling myself, by being led to believe that we did. No matter how much I study or research information. I will never ever get all the answers. This is a hard pill to swallow and admit. But life is filled with a ever revolving door of problems, it is what makes us evolve as humans. A world without any does seem far fetch and quite strange. Though God promises these things, one can't help but wonder. What is a World without pain,anger,sadness,and sorrow? No one here today is Perfect or has lived in a Perfect World, this is the simple Truth you can firmly attest to. I know that life is short and can be shorter depending on circumstance. As a young man(26yrs), I hope and pray that I may live a long time. Whether The End comes tommorow or sometime in the future. We can then get the answer to the problems that plague our lives. You may have your own views on life whether factual or pure speculative opinions. I for myself can only continue to learn and experience life as I know. Whether I leave the JW organization now or in the future. Thanks to all youEx JWs and JWs for opening my eyes!!!

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Very well put.

But having all the answers is highly over rated. Something that was hard for me as well.

If I haven't said it yet Welcome

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Welcome. Someone else here said something to the effect that, I'd rather not have all the answers than not be able to ask questions. I too, grew sick and tired to overly simplistic answers to life's major questions and not being able to question.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi and welcome aboard!

Looks like you are tired of "answers" because the WT short changed you with theirs.

Don't give up hope though :)

You certainly won't get all the answers in this life but you surely will get some and some worth waiting for too.

All the best,

Stephen

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

NMKA, it's: I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question. A sentiment shared by many of us. When I told a friend I was leaving, she pointed out how I always thought I knew everything. Now I told that I didn't have any answers but at least I feel free to ask questions.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

When I realized I did not know everything, I began to learn and discover, wonderful.

P

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Humility and reality are a good recipe for success, come what may.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Exactly Spike. That is why so many when exiting the org and dropping the JW personality- which includes a touch of arrogance in the feeling that you have something others do not, they become better, real, genuine people...also a good recipe for success.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

a proper JW personality includes humility and reality, in my honest opinion

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

doesn't go with the territoy of being a JW spike. Witnesses isolate themselves from nonJWs, considering them 'worldly' and unfit for association if they do not convert. They see them as misled, bad association...all breeding a feeling of arrogance since the JW feels (s)he is in the only org approved by God and carrying out his work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit