Did You Feel The Love As A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

There was a sprinkling of love here and there.

villabolo

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I tried to convince myself that this was the most loving place to be. But over time, I could see that my friends had a come and go love. Some were there, some faded, and never wrote or called. What's worse, some were quick to stab in the back. I believed I deserved that at the time.

Also my family has disappeared. When there were moments that I truly needed them, they were not around.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I tried to convince myself that this was the most loving place to be. But over time, I could see that my friends had a come and go love. Some were there, some faded, and never wrote or called. What's worse, some were quick to stab in the back. I believed I deserved that at the time.

Also my family has disappeared. When there were moments that I truly needed them, they were not around.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

I felt really loved all my life... until I commented some details to a JW family member in the privacy of my home. I NEVER told anyone else about it. That family member started telling others that "I had doubts". "Friends" started to dissappear from our Facebook accounts. NOT ONE of my Elder "friends" called to see if the gossip was true, of if I needed "spiritual help". I switched KH's and stopped going to the meetings. I'm not DF, but a lot of "friends" are shunning me.

Right now, I don't care. Conditional friends are not real friends.

TTRP

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

I was raised in one hall and was in it for 24 years, no love, married an elder and was in another hall for 4 years really no love, in another hall for 2 years no love back to the first hall I was raised in and still no love, move to current hall been here for 6 years and yep you guessed it even less love then all the other halls put together. Hubby who was an elder had an heart attack and the let me drive him to the hospital alone talk about love. These are the most hateful people I know of.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh verystupid77,that must have been scary ,,driving hubby alone to hospital.
    I can understand how your feeling now.
    But YOU have love!!so now you realize it isnt within the hall,it is within
    your heart,
    maybe while your still there,you give them all a good dose of it..
    LOVE NEVER FAILS!!!!Then when you make the real break they will miss you...
    and remember the love shown....

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Thanks Mouthy

• minimus
    minimus

And love is their mark"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit