Oh noes, teh Christians iz being persecuted

by bluecanary 11 Replies latest social current

• bluecanary
  • shamus100
    shamus100

Yeah... wonderful how "christian nutjobs" seem to think they can rule the world with theyre god. Ridiculous!

Freedom of speech, just watch what you say.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow, scary. This is the kind of thing that really cements my opinion of xtians in this country. Self absorbed, ignorant, hateful.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    "I don't know the reason for putting this sign up," said Big Mama. "It says 'Do not believe in God.' How are we going to make it? Look at our schools, everyday. Everyday there's something going on. Kids are out here killing each other, kids are here using drugs. Who else are they going to believe in?"

They must be all atheists.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Brin

• brinjen
    brinjen

Beks hugs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

" ---Being a good person doesn't require god---

Don't believe in god?

You're not alone!"

quote:

When you have something like this here, people don't want to come and patronize us anymore," said Theodore Hamilton, an employee at a nearby business.

------

I have found,too, that when people suspect or know you are atheist, you are treated differently even in a business situation.

I think theocratic warfare is inherent in all religionists.

If you are atheist and people know this, you get the dented can when it comes to service. You are the lowest of minorities.

• shamus100
    shamus100

How in the hell would anyone suspect that you are an athiest? Do we have horns or something?

I can't imagine any way of suspecting that anyone is an athiest in a business relationship. The thought never crosses my mind.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

If that billboard isn't the epitome of offensiveness, I don't know what is.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Shamus100: "How in the hell would anyone suspect that you are an athiest? Do we have horns or something?

I can't imagine any way of suspecting that anyone is an athiest in a business relationship. The thought never crosses my mind. "

Sometimes when people start talking all their religious crap in my face, I sometimes make a comment back. I don't put up with it like I used to.

For instance, some woman was chatting away awhile back about how "Jesus bought her a new wardrobe." She was absolutely ridiculous. I made some remark about the Lord's lack of style and how does he have time to shop when children are starving.

Bible belt is everywhere. And some people chat this kind of crap cos I guess they think it's good for business to let everyone know how christian they are.

So yeah, I suspect some people realize I might be atheist. I don't put my ears through the pollution anymore. Usually when I make a cutting comment they will shut up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit