The *M* Word

by VIII 23 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

Little People Call for FCC to Ban 'Midget'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Little people are calling on the Federal Communications Commission to ban the use of the word "midget" on broadcast TV.

The group Little People of America said Sunday the word is just as offensive as racial slurs.

The request was prompted by an April episode of NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" that the group said was demeaning.
    In the episode, contestants created a detergent ad called "Jesse James and the Midgets." The contestants, including Joan Rivers, suggested bathing little people in the detergent and hanging them to dry.

Calls to the FCC and "Celebrity Apprentice" host Donald Trump were not immediately answered Sunday. NBC Universal representatives didn't immediately respond to e-mail messages, and the telephone rang unanswered at their Los Angeles office.

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/story/Little-People-Call-for-FCC-to-Ban-Midget/P9DuxVJYy0K3R0ps8dm3Eg.cspx

Will JWs be calling on EXs to stop saying Dubs?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I bet the Lollipop Guild will have a few things to say about this too!!!

• VIII
    VIII

And Midget sport teams--there is a midget football league in my town. It is for kids; boys 5-10 years old. Looks like they will have to change their name.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I always say 'pipsqueak' so as to not offend.

• freeman
    freeman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA

I’m ashamed for even posting this J

• cawshun
    cawshun

What ever happened to " Stick and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"? I grew up with that and it seemed to work for me.

• watson
    watson

Member: Midget-Sasquatch may have something to say abou this!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Phew!! I thought this was going to be yet another Michael Jackson thread!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think political correctness has gone too far. How could they compare this to the N word?

• VIII
    VIII

Everytime I read this I giggle.

Comparing Midget to that vile *N* word is ridiculous.

Whenever I watch the Wizard of Oz I will think of this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit