i'll tell you my quirky habit....and what's yours'

by Lease 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lease
    Lease

howdy!

every now and again, i get anxious. to help with the anxiousness, i will unintentionally develop a habit. for 3 weeks, it's brushing my teeth and tongue with baking soda throughout the day. quirky, huh?

last week, i told my friend in passing about it. he was concerned about it. ( i thought it was harmless), but, he said i could damage my teeth. so, for the last week, i have just been rinsing/gargling with baking soda and water.

my quirky habits dont last longer than the reason i am anxious (2 days to 6 weeks).

so, there it is, my current quirky habit.....what's yours?

lease

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

wiki disagress with your friend.

A paste made from sodium bicarbonate and a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution can be used as an alternative to commercial toothpastes, and sodium bicarbonate in combination with other ingredients can be used to make a dry or wet deodorant. Sodium bicarbonate is a common ingredient in alternative and natural brands of toothpaste and deodorant. It can be used as a treatment for dandruff due to its anti-fungal properties.

You will have to come up with something much more 'quirkier' if you want to know mine!

• Lease
    Lease

cameo-d,

i really thought the act of brushing with baking soda thru-out the day was quirky!

i think if i got any quirkier, it would be weird.

so, any quirky habits that are on the same level as mine?

lease

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Baking soda paste can be too abrasive and may scratch or erode your enamel.

I suggest you consult your dentist rather than a DB or wiki (written and up-dated by anyone with a computer). Wiki may be a good reference but is hardly an authority.

I have a few OCD traits but can't think of any to post at the moment. Sorry!

Lately, I'm just being lazy. Got to change that. Maybe tomorrow...~!

-Aude.

• Lease
    Lease

aude sapere,

yes, that is the concern with my friend. so, i just rinse and gargle.

my quirky habits don't stay long.

lease

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

oh...you are doing this all day long, huh?

Have you ever heard of a condition called pica?

Maybe that's what's wrong with you.

My quirk is trying to diagnose everyone.

• musky
    musky

I have a habit of talking to much. I tried to get help for it by going to On and on Anon

• Lease
    Lease

cameo-d,

you are too funny!

there are lots of things wrong with me.

Wiki: Often the substance eaten by those with the disorder contains the mineral of deficiency. If a mineral deficiency is not identified as the cause of pica, it often leads to a diagnosis of a mental disorder.

so, either 1.) i have a mineral deficiency 2.) i have a mental disorder 3.) it's just a quirky habit for now.

i think your quirk can be beneficial to those willing to hear your diagnosis.

lease

• Lease
    Lease

very funny musky!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I have no quirky habits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit