I feel... lost...

by Strider Arekksu 33 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Niether Satan or Reniaa exist..

................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Ah, Isaac. So your spirit is Christ's, is it? I though he kept it for himself.

Thanks DaCheech, that http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/154486/1/Thinking-of-becoming-a-Witness-again-and-my-reasons-for-doing-so thread is very interesting. No wonder Renny is so lovable. I felt at least a little lost until I saw her posts here on JWN. I am 3rd-generation, but from the "fellowship meeting" tradition. I stopped with the birthdays, the Christmas, and band music before I left high school, and several years before I started learning in earnest from worship with JWs. I, too, have had a real problem with the whole "Cross 3=1" deal the same as Renny. Picking the "least bad" religion is much like how I feel, too. I read what I can from JWs, etc. But, I feel that each statement in the WT publications must be tested against the (truth and spirit of the) Bible itself. I don't trust the NWT absolutely, although it is my primary reference for the last 18 years. (It was the modern 1769-update of the KJV before that.) Weekly meetings 2-3 times per week is what I've known and practices all of my life. By my current count, I have over 30 full English translations of the Bible (not counting multiple editions/ copies of the same translation), as well as many other English NTs, several English gospel harmonies, various English books about one/ several of the translations, various English atlases, etc. The WTS part is probably just over 50% of my total Bible-related part of my library. I also have a foreign-language section including several binders full of material which I have scanned from libraries and online, info on literally hundreds of languages. Other cultural activities, including family history, is yet another full section in my personal library. I hadn't meant to hijack this thread, but we're a fairly tight-knit group in some ways, and Strider is an expansive storyteller himself. So, I hope that my part helps in ways that can be beneficial for all of us.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike:

My reply: You may want to read Roamns ch 8 so you can understand how Christ's spirit dwells in Christians. Hopefully you can learn a bit.

Thanks DaCheech, that http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/154486/1/Thinking-of-becoming-a-Witness-again-and-my-reasons-for-doing-so thread is very interesting. No wonder Renny is so lovable. I felt at least a little lost until I saw her posts here on JWN. I am 3rd-generation, but from the "fellowship meeting" tradition. I stopped with the birthdays, the Christmas, and band music before I left high school, and several years before I started learning in earnest from worship with JWs. I, too, have had a real problem with the whole "Cross 3=1" deal the same as Renny. Picking the "least bad" religion is much like how I feel, too. I read what I can from JWs, etc. But, I feel that each statement in the WT publications must be tested against the (truth and spirit of the) Bible itself. I don't trust the NWT absolutely, although it is my primary reference for the last 18 years. (It was the modern 1769-update of the KJV before that.) Weekly meetings 2-3 times per week is what I've known and practices all of my life. By my current count, I have over 30 full English translations of the Bible (not counting multiple editions/ copies of the same translation), as well as many other English NTs, several English gospel harmonies, various English books about one/ several of the translations, various English atlases, etc. The WTS part is probably just over 50% of my total Bible-related part of my library. I also have a foreign-language section including several binders full of material which I have scanned from libraries and online, info on literally hundreds of languages. Other cultural activities, including family history, is yet another full section in my personal library. I hadn't meant to hijack this thread, but we're a fairly tight-knit group in some ways, and Strider is an expansive storyteller himself. So, I hope that my part helps in ways that can be beneficial for all of us.

My reply: Yes, I would think reniaa would be good for you. The blind leading the blind...until you both fall into a pit. How sad. We will be here for you when you are ready to get up out of the pit though.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike:

My reply: You may want to read Roamns ch 8 so you can understand how Christ's spirit dwells in Christians. Hopefully you can learn a bit.

My reply: Yes, I would think reniaa would be good for you. The blind leading the blind...until you both fall into a pit. How sad. We will be here for you when you are ready to get up out of the pit though.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I'd rather be called names, than feel lost. I trust my shepherd, but not what Isaac says. He could be my dad, for all I know. No thanks.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Who is your shepherd Spike? The GB. You follow their drivel, your know their voice.....

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

My shepherd is my relationship with Jehovah. Everyone else is relative. Drivel can come from ANY imperfect human, even viewers of this post such as myself.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Spike T,

So if you have the Spirit of Christ within you then you are of the "annointed class" according to the WT doctrine.

Not that I believe a word of what the WT say. The bible says the Holy Spirit is for ALL who believe.

Acts 2:38-39 (New International Version)

38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

All the best,

Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The spirit of Christ is not the gift of the Holy Spirit, at least not the way I believe. I am of the earthly class, even if I try to always exemplify what I understand, within my limitations. I have my own spirit. It's holy if I mind spiritual things; it's fleshly if I mind fleshly things; simple.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

spike, the blind leading the blind fits you and Reniaa.

my post/link shows reniaa has no credibility.

she has changed her/his/its story many times. as of the latest she/he/it knows everything about being a JW and their laws.... but has not been to meetings in 10 years!

gotta figure a blind one like you believe that drivel!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit