Twilight Zone Marathon July 4th weekend

by Gram 6 Replies latest social current

• Gram
    Gram

Has anyone been watching any of this weekend's TZ Marathon? All black and white, with some actors who went on to become well known stars. I only watch a few because my grandson (deceased) loved them! It is my little tribute to him.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Yea, I love Twilight Zone. Rod Serling was a great writer

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If I could I would be watching all weekend, used to do so in college. I only have one tv hooked up to cable right now and my kids aren't really interested in the show. The show is on my list of favs along with Night Gallery.

Josie

• trueblue
    trueblue

Ya I just finnished watching one, don't recall the name but it shoud have been called the last man on earth.

Fine demonstrtion how important it is that we need some kind of companionship.

seen the movie before, but it had been so long ago I did not remember how it went.

Been so long ago sense I have had a beer too. Let me see if I remember how to drink one right now.

• ataloa
    ataloa

I've always loved Twilight Zone, Night Gallery too. Been watching off and on all day; I've seen them all so many times, but it's still the best thing on today.

The one that sticks out today is about the train and the town called Willoughby. I just love that word.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Ya I just finnished watching one, don't recall the name but it shoud have been called the last man on earth.
    Fine demonstrtion how important it is that we need some kind of companionship.
    seen the movie before, but it had been so long ago I did not remember how it went.

You're probably talking about an episode called Two starring Charles Bronson. It's one of my favorites.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I tried watching as many as I could but kept getting interrupted!

I am dog sitting for my daughter at her house and they just got back..too much going on darn it.

A year or so ago they had a weekend marathon with just the really old ones..I taped all of them.

This time it looked like they had some more recent ones and I wish I could have copied them somehow..but alas..

I saw the one titled "Last Man on Earth"..but didn't get to watch it. I remember one with Burgess Meredith and he always wanted to read books but his wife and everyone else kept interrupting him. A bomb went off and he somehow survived and he had all the books he could read and was so very happy, then he stepped on his glasses and couldn't see...end of story..Ironic..

I saw the one today where they kids picked out a Grandma..and one girl wouldn't like her until the Grandma" saved the girl's life, then she liked her. They grew up and then Grandma had to go be recycled for another family..

Then wasn't it the "Tales from the Darkside" where Grandpa was dead and wouldn't give up? Finally he was convinced he was dead when his nose rotted and came off when he sneezed? It was called 'Case of the Stubborns'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit