Theocratic parental horror stories

by vikesgirl101 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• imconfused
    imconfused

Ha, I just remeberd about the Dinah one after reading this - so are they saying if you hang out with "worldlys" you deserve to be raped? hmm lovely.

When we used to get smacked - really smacked too, me & my bro (with belt, shoes, slippers etc) they'd say "I dont want to do this, but the bible/soceity tells us to"

My other bro & sis (younger) - never had this - He was nowhere as strict with them as he was us. I have mentioned this to him & he sort of apologised as that was the done thing then & accepted

Dont hold it against him or anything, but its hard to accept that that was "ok" at the time

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Loving parents use the rod Beating kids mentally and physically to mold them is Godly training.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Geez, every time I heard the "Lot's wife turned to a pillar of salt" story, I thought about how stupid those adults were - here I was, a kid of 9 - 10, and I recognized the mythological re-telling of a volcanic eruption similar to the pyroclastic flows that destoyed and entombed Pompeii and Herculaneum... The similarities between that so-called 'pillar of salt' (and the "fire and brimstone" aspects of that story...) and the entombed, preserved-in-volcanic-ash bodies of the Roman Pompeiians - too obvious to miss for all but the most DENSE minds...

But all those adult numbskulls around me were mouthing the stories without really LISTENING to what the stories actually said... Or maybe they all flunked Earth Sciences when they were in school.

So, I pretty much ignored all the BS - heck, if they couldn't even recognize a volcanic eruption when described to them by primitive, superstitious, Middle Eastern nomadic writers...

Why should I listen to them? I pretended to, however, to avoid the beatings...

Zid

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I heard the the story of the boys who were mauled by she-bears for teasing Elijah(Elisha?), whenever I would complain about something an elder said.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

i am so glad i was not born into the jw`s, my heart goes out to all of you.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

From a young boy, whenever I disobeyed I was given a sit-down lecture from the Bible about how the birds would pick my eyes out and them at Armageddon.

There's more... much more.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

iamcleared: Just read your story, and I think it is amazing that you are so well adjusted. Very sad. You are right that we all have stories. Some are just worse than others.

• Apostapler
    Apostapler

TJ...just read your life story. That was the saddest, most angering, and then most inspiring personal account of escaping religion and abuse that I've ever read. Thank you.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I remember the Saturday morning I didn't want to get out of bed and go in field service. My mother told me "Don't do it for me, Do it for Jehovah." This particular morning, I didn't feel like doing it for Jehovah. She came back and said, "Let me put it this way, do it or else you're going to GET IT."
    Right then I knew doing it for Jehovah was all bullshit.

I got the same BS line and my brain still didn't click into gear.

Good one Nos.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Michael Jackson's view of childhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit