HOW DO JW'S CONSIDER THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS WHEN THEY DON'T ADHERE TO HIS TEACHINGS IN BIBLE?

by Divawriter 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi trueblue,

Just start reading, all the answers are there :)

If Jesus came then were did he go?

Acts 7:55 Acts 1:11

Jesus has come and he is still here. How do I know this ? well you can not see Jesus he is in spirit form you can not see him with the human eye, The only way to know is thru the Holy Scriptures, I am thinking about when the disciples asked Jesus when they would know when he come back and Jesus told them that there would be signs and to be on the look for the signs, Nation will rise against Nation ( World War One 1914 ) also states that there would be many other signs such as food shortages, earth quakes, O-kay I think I found something on the subject Mathew 24, 1 thru 22

John 14

There is yet anothe Biblicle Prophecy telling the time when Jesus will come, I don't remember much about it right now, but it had to do with so many years, like thousands of years after the fall of Jeruselem or Bobylon or something like that, but coincedently bothe directions point to the same exact time and that is 1914

That is false. The JWs say Jesus returned "invisibly" which is totally contrary to what the bible says Matthew 24:27 Acts 1:11

But where did he go? you might ask yourself that? there are still such terrible things in the world. The Bible also state that Jesus will rule amongst his enemies for a short time.

Revelation 20

Yes Jesus has come back and the end is not yet,

Like I showed, Jesus is with the Father and the Holy Spirit is here. Seek Him and His council like John 14 says.

He is the Spirit of Jesus Romans 8:9 Galatians 4:6

All the best,

Stephen

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

"JW" are Christians just like all other religions who claim to be Christian. They follow a group of men just like all other religions follow a leader(s).

New Testament or Greek Scriptures teach heaven and just as many parts of the bible, the writings are not very clear on the subject as to all going there, all having that hope, or few going there - thus Watch Tower uses their interpretation to fit their leader's agenda and the rest follow that line. It's no different from other religions teaching their own interpretations of heaven, hell, purgatory and all the other unknown.

Now for Holy Spirit claim. Who has received holy spirit in our time? I don't believe anyone has. One can claim to have recieved it but I don't buy into these bogus claims. If God did act through a group where He used Holy Spirit to guide and direct them, there would be signs of it. The bible says what the outcome was in the first century of activities of Holy Spirit and these were to cease. I don't see any true prophesing, healing or raising of the dead in our time. To claim that "I have a holy spirit because I go out and preach" is totally bogus just as those claiming to have the spirit who mumble unknown jibrish where no one benefits. When bible speaks of holy spirit it always points to a benefit and a reason for the spirit to be aquired by the individual for the time being. No where does it say that the individuals were full of spirit their entire lives as if the spirit was part of them or part of their personality.

Basically most "Christians" are followers of an individual(s) interpretation of scripture who claims better understanding than that of another "Chrisitian" leader. "JW"s for most part live their lives closer to the scriptual Christian moral code than other religious followers even though they believe in bogus beliefs taught by governing body which is not as if other religions don't sell their own versions of bogus beliefs to their followers.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Christians follow their Lord Jesus Christ, NOT, the Governing Body !!!

Christians believe "on the Lord." Jehovah's Witnesses believe "on" Jesus and many of them try very hard to behave in a moral manner.

You, who are fundamentalist, born again Christians are being legalistic and exclusive about Jesus in a similar way to Jehovah's Witnesses. And in doing that, you turn off many otherwise kind people to Jesus. You're just as bad in your own way at being judgmental and controlling.

The principles of Romans 2 apply to Jehovah's Witnesses. You don't think they know the "proper way" to worship Jesus. Then they would be like the Gentiles mentioned below.

Romans: 12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges everyone's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

The Jews and the Law

17 Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and boast in God; 18 if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; 19 if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— 21 you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22 You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24 As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you." [b]

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

" as it is written, Gods name is Blasphemed among the Gentile sbecause of you".

What? even the gentiles knew Gods name???

Well, so much for secrets...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    " as it is written, Gods name is Blasphemed among the Gentile sbecause of you".What? even the gentiles knew Gods name???Well, so much for secrets...

And apparently a lot of them found more favor in God's eyes because they followed the law written in their hearts.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

And apparently a lot of them found more favor in God's eyes because they followed the law written in their hearts.

That's just crazy talk !

;)

Well, sometimes we forget that, just because someone says theu belief or says certain words of belief, it doesn't mean they have God in their heart.

Saying we have faith is easy, having faith is another thing altogether.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

People, especially certain Christians, want to have God all to themselves. They want to be the only ones doing it "right." God is a whole lot more concerned about the kindness and love in a person's heart than he is about some legalistic bunch of crap some religion thought up to make its members behave and keep them in the club.

God put a conscience in us and he looks at whether we follow it. Even then, he loves all of his children, not just the ones who joined a certain club. A petty god does not deserve worship. The God of Love, 1 John 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 4:8, is much more concerned that you have love in your hearts and act on that love. I'm a universalist. There are many universalists in the christian faith. There are many in other faiths. Why would anyone want to be part of a religion that requires them to believe that God is so murderous, tortuous, petty and exclusive?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit