E!Online: Will Michael Jackson's Funeral Be Jehovah's Witness—or Muslim?

by AudeSapere 21 Replies latest social current

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

If I was a betting person, I would wager that it will mostly be a non-religious funeral. There will probably be some religious type peple that will speak. Maybe Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson. But they seem to be friends of Joes. I don't know if they were friends of Michael. Maybe that Rabbi that he was friends with. I can't think of his name right now. Or Deepack Chopra. He writes a lot of spiritual books.

I don't think a JW will be anywhere in sight.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Well he wasnt a JW any more. So why would ANY JW elder perform that ceremony?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Well he wasnt a JW any more. So why would ANY JW elder perform that ceremony?

For the publicity.

Coffee

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I don't know why the JWs would want that type publicity. Do they want to be associated with someone like Michael Jackson? He represents everything that they hate.

• blondie
    blondie

km3/97p.7QuestionBox

What

ifthedeceasedwasdisfellowshipped? The congregation would generally not be involved. The Kingdom Hall would not be used. If the person had been giving evidence of repentance and manifesting a desire to be reinstated, a brother’s conscience might allow him to give a Bible talk at the funeral home or graveside, to give a witness to unbelievers and to comfort the relatives. Before making this decision, however, it would be wise for the brother to consult with the body of elders and give consideration to what they may recommend.In situations where it would not be wise for that brother to be involved, it may be appropriate for a brother who is a member of the deceased person’s family to give a talk to console the relatives.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Maybe Reebie's husband, the JW elder will say a few words?

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Hmmmm..... Maybe. It will be interesting to see. But I will be surprised if there is any JW speaking.

• blondie
    blondie

Rebbie's husband, as an elder, would have to get clearance from the body of elders he's on. He just can't do it since he represents the body and the congregation. I see it more likely that the Jackson family will have a private service for the jws.

Very, very likely, any elder who performed any service at the funeral would be doing it without the elders approval and would find himself asked to step down.

• Violia
    Violia

Can they convice the elders that he was just mentally ill and still loved Jah? If they can, then I don't see why the jw family member can't do it. It would be such a witness to the world. ( ugh) Also, think how damning it will be if they refuse to do the funeral? That looks really cold.

I'd opt for a secualr funeral if it was me, but I do not know how active Mrs. Jackson currently is with the jws. It is certainly not necessary that he be buried by jws. he was an adult and can choose his own religion and she should know that.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I don't know why the JWs would want that type publicity. Do they want to be associated with someone like Michael Jackson? He represents everything that they hate.

They might view it as an opportunity to "give a witness" ...as it will be televised and will be seen by millions... all around the world.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit