Jehovah's Witnesses & their cynical lust for negativity

by jambon1 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

For me this is one of the most hideous things about the JW's.

It's like they are willing on the next world disaster. They are gleeful if anyone that they know comes into some sort of trouble if they are not following 'bible standards'.

They simply aren't interested in anything good. I remember thinking along those lines when I was a JW & it lead to me having the most depressing outlook on life.

No wonder most of them are on anti-depressants.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Jambon, good point. The culture of JW world is that everything negative, justifies the religion: ie satans world, last days, everone but us is gonna die but us.

When I used to give parts, I felt weird always starting out with a negative aspect of the world. Then at my conclusion "blah blah blah.....the rightious new world to come" - I felt like a robot, and something just wasn't sitting right. but die to the "cog diss" I would just brush it off.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Seems to me it's a superiority complex. Those who are not like that, are not only depressed, but guilty!

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

I stopped going in service because of the negative talk & comments .

I've ridden in limos on the way to funerals that were more cheerful & encouraging.

BF

• minimus
    minimus

B F , the limo thing's funny!

• jambon1
    jambon1

Yes, in my own case I started to feel utterly depressed due to feeding my mind on their doctrines & viwpoints. I wanted to just kill myself. Like nothing was worth living for.

Then I gradually began to re-associate with worldly people who were lovely & refreshing to be around. It made me sit up & take note of all the good things that are happening in the world.

Also, when I went to meetings I was getting a hard time from people despite being a m/s & trying very hard to live a good JW life.

When I associated with worldly people, I was being made to feel good about myself & all the positive aspects of my life.

I began to realise that it was time to get off the WTS 'nothings-ever-good-enough' merrygoround.

Life is good. You only get one chance. Live it!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness`s can find something Negative,on almost any Subject......Except the WBT$..

...OUTLAW

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Negative Lust?? LOL

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Negativity is not confined to J w's ..You are not describing the dubs that I know, or my experiences within the Borg..

But I accept that the message they bear, and many of the articles that they hawk door to door, are full of negativity and a blanket condemnation of the outside world.

Don't let us fall into the trap of stereotyping, too...

• JWoods
    JWoods
    You are not describing the dubs that I know, or my experiences within the Borg..

I would have to agree, but remember that I left around 1981...what I saw was a sort of robotic, manic "JOY". Everything was "WONDERFUL" - they never even considered that they were joyful over natural disasters, wars, food shortages, and positively JUBILENT that their god was going to come soon and destroy the world - including even little kids - if they were not JWs.

I never - ever - once heard a loyal JW reflect for one second on the human impact of such a global train wreck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit