Goodbye to my dear new friend

by chicken little 10 Replies latest jw friends

• chicken little
    chicken little

I only knew you a little while, yet you touched my life and enriched it so much.

You were one of the outcasts if I viewed you from my past beliefs.

Yet you shone as a true loving person.

You are gone to soon, way before your time.

I shall miss not having had the time to get to know you better.

Rest from your sufferings, who knows what the future holds...

From the greatest joy comes the greatest suffering.

My love goes out to you.

• chicken little
    chicken little

My friend was gay and married for over 12 years. I knew of him through a friend who had been a witness, yet I kept my distance. When I left the witnesses two years ago I met this couple. A more loving, caring person you would seach long to find. His humour and positive life attitude was so infectious. His sudden sickness was a shock for all, his death such a blow. He died because of mistakes at the hospital, it was so unnecessary.

I am so sad I did not know him longer, my past prevented that...I will never again allow this to happen. Now I can be of support to his partner, he is a christian and a nurse, his love and compassion for people is endless.

I am crying for myself and my friend today.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Sorry to hear of your loss and your friend the nurse's loss. It looks like knowing him has made you a better more understanding person. I'm sure he had that effect on other people also. Not much else to say. I'll keep you and your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Take care little chick, life can be all the richer for knowing such a wonderful person, enjoy that richness and may it inspire you to seek the same in yourself and others.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Sorry for your loss chicken little. Your friends sounds like he was a really special person. How sad that as JWs we viewed everyone through the black and white/good and bad lenses of the WTS standards. We missed out on so many beautiful friendships and of the joy of seeing the good in most of the people that crossed our paths. All the best.

Hopscotch

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Give your friend my condolences, and a hug, for me.

Thanks

Chris

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am saddened by the pain of your loss. Please accept my condolences.

• chickpea
    chickpea

sincere condolences

the gift of the lesson learned
    is not only yours for all time,
    but a gift that can be shared
    with countless others...

not a bad legacy....

• chicken little
    chicken little

Thank you for your kind replies...I am just back from the funeral service at a lovely swedish church. It was so moving to see so many people that loved this couple so much, I counted over a 100 wreaths and the people filled the church.
    It was a glorious sunny day and the beautiful graveyard in the countryside where he is laid to rest was so peaceful.

I have cried more tears today than I can ever remember, the well must run dry, yet they are springing up again.

My friend the exwitness could understand me when I said I was also crying for myself too. I felt guilt that I had not known this lovely person long enough...guilt for my past way of thinking. Humility in seeing so many people heartbroken to loose our friend. All had their stories to tell of a man who went out of his way to make everyone feel happy around him. Yes I have learnt from this experience, I will never shun, avoid anyone ever again no matter who I loose as a result.

Thanks again for your love

Chicken little....a bit hoarse with the cheeps today because of crying

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm sorry to hear your loss, but even though it was a short time you had the opportunity to share

your friendship the best way you could and that is good.

h4o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit