The WT contradict the bible they quote in the very next sentence regarding "JWs"!

by Chalam 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

This point has been made before but I think the very words the WT write which contradict the bible the quote make the point powerfully.

Have a read for yourself http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/index.htm

Jesus told his disciples: "You will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon you, and you will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the most distant part of the earth."—Acts 1:8.

Hence, some 6,000,000 persons today who are telling the good news of Jehovah's Kingdom by Christ Jesus in over 230 lands feel that they properly refer to themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Obviously six million people haven't read Acts 1:8 carefully enough!

All the best,

Stephen

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi chalam semantics

Acts 2:32
    God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.

Revelation 1:5
    Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

1 Corinthians 15:15
    More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised.

we are witnesses to God's purposes and Jesus is one of them as God's mediator.

John 14:9
    Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

by being witnesses to Jesus we are also witnesses to Jehovah since Jesus is his messenger.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

except Reniaa, the JWs preach a different doctrine- one scripturally unfounded..this is their gospel:

Jesus in 1914 came to kingdom power and turned his attention toward the earth. He found the IBS to be faithful and discreet in preaching and serving the right kind of spiritual food so selected them as his FDS (actually Russell was considered the FDS at that time). Fast forward to now- you need to come to this one org- handpicked by Jesus to handle his earthly affairs- for salvation.

A review of the history of the org beleis its claims.

• booby
    booby

At least sometimes Reniaa your responses make some sense. Today . . . not so much

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    we are witnesses to God's purposes and Jesus is one of them as God's mediator.

The key being that Jesus is mediator, not the GB. And he is mediator for all, not just the anointed.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi booby

lol i'm a bit tired today but i thought the fact the bible says we are witnesses to God raising Jesus proved that saying we are witnesses accompasses so much more than the narrow field chalam allows.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The gospel is simple Reniaa...the Wt version is complicated..and wrong...

• Chalam
    Chalam

Amen! The bible agrees :)

Mark 10:15 (New International Version)

15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

All the best,

Stephen

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They're neither Jehovah's Witnesses nor Jesus' Witnesses... they are Watchtower Corporation Witnesses.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

BURN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit