Living in sin

by vikesgirl101 16 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

Why did his marriages end? I am not looking for you to answer that here. That is for you to think about. When someone has 2 failed marriages, perhaps there is something wrong with him and his commitment to marriage and his ability to communicate. That is something you need to think about.

Does he have children from either relationship? If not why? How does he treat your children? How long did those marriages last and why were there no children?

Again, please don't open your relationship information here. This is all for you to think about and think about the answers.

As for your children: Where is their father? Is he in their life? Are they looking for a father figure?

Being the child of divorce I was hoping my mother would get re-married and I would get a father since my dad re-married and had a new family and seemed to throw us to the side.

She dated and dated and brought various men, JWs and worldly home. Each time I hoped. Each time my hopes were dashed. I gave up. When I least expected it she eloped with a man she barely knew. When I was 20. He beat the crap out of her. Numerous times. While I was initially happy she was married, her husband quickly turned into a beast. Divorcing him was a nightmare. So much for a new daddy.

So, you need to know why he is divorced twice, etc. Even in a small town.

As for your family and it being a small town: if you move in, they will gossip. They will vilify. They will give your kids a hard time. Are you and do you think they are prepared for that?

Plus, you have a lease. If you break it, it could affect your credit and your landlord could make things financially difficult. That is also something to think about.

If this man truly loves you, he will wait for your lease to end and you can go from there.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I rushed into marriage with my second husband, because in part, I felt guilty about living together. It was a big mistake. While you're waiting for your lease to expire, why not take the time to learn about the failure of both of your marriages and where his head is at about a future marriage between the two of you? Also take the time to watch him interact with your kids.

On the other hand, I lived with my third and current husband for almost 7 years, and we've been married for another 7 in September. He's the one who insisted on making it legal, because he wanted me to have all of the benefits that spouses have regarding inheritance and retirement.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

"why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"

Why do you have to move? Why can't he move in with you? Why cant he move in across the street or next door? Why do you have to give up your home?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

"why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"

No sense buying the whole pig when all you get is a little sausage.

• oompa
    oompa

what cow want to be "bought"...free is good as BOTH are free!......you throw the "dirty" in and it all gets even better...........stigma's go hand in hand with judging and no matter what you do you will always be judged for SOMETHING as there are so many damm judgers out there.......now kids adjust for sure, but it would be nice if they like the bloke for sure....that would be high up on my "move in or not" priorities.......however....you have the lease anyway, and they are best not to break...so why not take it slow?........thats almost NEVER is a bad idea.....oomps

• thomas15
    thomas15

keyser soze,

Sorry that you disagree with my opinion. What is your advice for this young lady and her children? Do you not see the the fact that this prince of a man has already been married two times as a indication as to his character? Either he has some very bad luck, is a poor judge of character or is a bum. All good qualities so take your pick.

take care my friend,

Tom

• oompa
    oompa

sorry thomas 15 you near newbie....welcome!......i was very nearly married/divorced twice recently.......my first wife went pretty much insane and her story should be on oprah...i tried so hard but could not save the marriage of many years.......now i have changed...i woke up to jw and my wife is so hardcore dub it is frightening....just like i frighten her.....so people change and if this marriage of many years fails, just what does that indicate about my character. IMO two failed marriages indicate NOTHING......not even bad luck.....FOUR would be bad luck...lol

as to your first post....i agree with Keyser........there is an equal chance that SHE is the one having the most "evening fun"......and she could "stick him with the bills" if it ends in divorce.....to think otherwise is probably a bit chauvinistic and JW .....and in........"the poor weaker vessel"............oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit