"We are closer than ever before"

by Gram 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ sacolton! I like it.

steve2... you and I think the same about the 'crying wolf' thing.

"We are closer than ever before." So I asked my Dad "Why is that?" He said "Because of the economic situation. Everything is bad."

I said "Really? Is it as bad as when the First and Second World Wars happened? How about the Great Depression, Dad? That lasted 10 years. Is it as bad as it was back then? Every decade sees at least one recession. Bad things have been occurring for thousands of years. How about the oil crisis in the 1970s?" Once again, the stunned silence.

I figure, the more the JWs say it's coming, the less it's going to arrive. I highly doubt God will allow anyone on the face of this Earth the ablity to say 'See? We told you so!'

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

If the "end" comes it will be a self fulfilling prophecy and have nothing to do with God.

• villabolo
    villabolo

The best thing to tell a JW is that even though the end might come it won't come the way they thought it would and they won't get paradise after it.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Everyday the Sun has a little less hydrogen to fuse.

• steve2
    steve2

When the Cold War between the States and the Soviet Union was at its terrifying height, we ran around like crazed hens confidently declaring "Daniel's prophecy's being fulfilled". Since then, the Cold War's dribbled to a drought and a new, unseen terror has emerged: Islamic fundamentalism. Strange that Daniel never saw this coming...until it arrived.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Yes pic any time from @ 1914 to today, yes because there are earthquakes lawlessness , famine, Nations rising against Nations etc. etc. ....

Oh wait a minute you could actually go back to any year in the last 6000 or so and those exact things were all happening back then too.

Oh well maybe the WTS. have been just manipulating and exploiting these so called End Time prophecies just to get people to buy and sell their books.

O hell no that would be just too logical and real.......never mind

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

History repeats itself. There have been massacres and annhiliations before. Are we coming upon another such event. Yes, very likely. How soon will it be?

Well, we are told that the time for harvest is late summer and early fall.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard this so many times. The end is near. The end is getting nearer. Therefore, it has to get here.

For those with a bit of algebra experience, this is not a valid proof. Anyone that has had to graph equations knows that some equations can forever get closer and closer to a line, without ever reaching that line. This includes some very simple equations. A very simple equation that does this is Y=1/X. If you were to graph this, you would find that Y would never reach zero. When X is very tiny, Y is very far from zero. As X gets bigger, Y gets closer and closer to zero. This goes on forever. And, when X is quite large, Y is very close to zero and getting closer. As it will be forever.

Is this one reason why the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is so bent on keeping children from doing well in math class?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Heard that 50 years ago too. I can only have a dry chuckle everytime I hear it now.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I just love it when they say that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit