Save lives by NOT preaching! Help me find the article....

by LtCmd.Lore 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Hello, I've been away a long time. It's 3 AM right now so I don't have time to explain my year long hiatus. Sorry.

I just need to ask a question real quick.

OK, so basically the witnesses believe that if you are NOT contacted by Jehovah's Witnesses, then Jehovah will judge you based on your heart condition, instead of your service as a witness.

So if you go knock on someones door and teach them the "truth" then they are now required to be a Jehovah's Witness or they will die at Armageddon. So it would be best for them, if you didn't come and tell them.

I KNOW I read an old watchtower that said something to that effect. It actually said something like: "So you may be tempted to simply not share the truth with your loved ones, for fear that they will reject it and become accountable. But that would be unwise, because you would then be incurring bloodguilt on your own head."

I'm sure that's nowhere near the exact phrasing, but the basic idea is that the religion is basically like a chain-letter. And you're gonna die at armageddon if you don't share the message with a bunch of other people. They in turn must share it too.

If you never get the letter, you get off free. But if you have it, you must spread it.

Anyway, I was hoping SOMEONE here would know what article I'm talking about. I just can't find it again. Mainly because I can't remember any keywords to search for on the Library.

Lore, W.W.S.D?

• wobble
    wobble

I cannot help you with the article,sorry, though I do remember it.

I just thought it was appropriate to say what another poster on an old thread said:

"Jehovah's Witnesses would do better.before even speaking, to shoot the householder between the eyes, at least that way they are assured of a resurrection. (according to Dub theoogy)"

Love

Wobble

• fokyc
    fokyc

Perhaps this helps:

Watchtower 2008 1/15 p.4 “Keep Watching the Ministry Which You Accepted in the Lord”

“ Keep watching the ministry which you accepted in the Lord, that you fulfill it.”—COL. 4:17.

WE HAVE a serious responsibility toward the people who live around us. The decisions they make now will mean life or death during “the great tribulation.” (Rev. 7:14) The inspired writer of the book of Proverbs said: “Deliver those who are being taken away to death; and those staggering to the slaughter, O may you hold them back.” Striking words indeed! Failure to assume the responsibility of warning people of the choice that lies before them could result in our incurring bloodguilt. In fact, the same passage c o ntinues : “In case you should say: ‘Look! We did not know of this,’ will not he himself that is making an estimate of hearts discern it, and he himself that is observing your soul know and certainly pay back to earthling man according to his activity?” Clearly, Jehovah’s servants cannot say that they ‘do not know of’ the danger that people are facing.—P rov. 24:11, 12.

This is only the 1st paragraph

fokyc

• fokyc
    fokyc

PM me for complete article or ask for scan

fokyc

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi,

Hopefully Interesting quote (I think) from Watchtower 1952 June 1st page 347.

The Society appear to tackle head on a flaw in their preaching. However, they put forward the scenario which I agree with but their answer is sadly unconvincing. It appears their main rebuttal is that the watchman would lose his life for not preaching. Yes, but what about the 999 lives saved as opposed to only 1? What greater love could a witness have than to sacrifice his own chance of everlasting life on a paradise earth knowing he has saved many others. It's certainly greater love than shown by Little J who died for 3 days then was resurrected in the twinkling of an eye. Surely to continue to preach is totally selfish. Not to preach results in others being saved but the Witness dying.

If ignorance during this present judgment period is an excuse and is going to mean a resurrection for ignorant ones in the millennial reign, would it not be advantageous to let all remain ignorant now? If all those not personally preached to now and who are slain by Jehovah at Armageddon are going to return in the resurrection of mankind, why preach now at all? Even those who oppose the view that all Armageddon’s slain are forever dead will admit that those hearing but not accepting the witness now will perish eternally at Armageddon. Just for the sake of reasoning together, adopt their view for a moment. We preach to one thousand persons now, and perhaps one accepts the truth, while all the others reject it and die forever at Armageddon. But if we refrained from preaching to this one thousand, all would die at Armageddon but all would return in a resurrection, not having heard the message. Surely when they returned in that new world far advanced toward perfect paradise, with no corrupting humans around and demonic influence gone, so our opposers would incline to think and say, many more than one of that thousand would conform to new world requirements. Maybe only one would refuse. So why preach now and save one out of a thousand? Why not be silent now and save 999 out of a thousand?

That, of course, would be folly. It would mean eternal destruction for the witness who remained silent. It means the stones would cry out the warning, if the watchman class failed to do so. (Ezek. 33:7-9; Luke 19:40) The gospel-preaching is going to be done earth-wide, for Jehovah says so. And whether it is done on the basis of personal or family or community responsibility, the peoples of all nations are going to be separated into “sheep” and “goat” classes, for Jehovah says so. Those whom he slays at Armageddon will remain forever dead, for his prophetic pictures made at the time of the Flood and at the time of

Note that John 5:28, 29 limits resurrections to those “in the memorial tombs”. This means that only those whose existence Jehovah retains in his memory will be resurrected, which remembrance is indicated or symbolized by the expression “memorial tombs”. That is why criminals considered unworthy of a resurrection were unceremoniously tossed into the , or Gehenna, where their bodies were consumed, unlamented, unburied, without any tomb to remind of or memorialize their former existence. So those not “in the memorial tombs”, or not thus symbolized as being in God’s memory, will not be remembered at resurrection time. What this means to us today is that those now living in this time of judgment and who fail for one reason or another to take a stand for Jehovah, and are therefore slain by him at the battle of Armageddon, will not be retained in his memory for a resurrection. That this group will include the majority of humans now living on earth is shown by Jeremiah 25:33: “The slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.” These vast numbers slain by Jehovah and likened to dung strewn over the earth could hardly be considered as being “in the memorial tombs” for Christ to remember and call forth during the Millennium. He does not remember dung.

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Ah, thanks Thomas. That's the exact article I was thinking of.

How did you find it by the way?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit