Do JWs believe Lucifer is Satan, the Devil?

by cameo-d 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mdb
    mdb

In what Blondie wrote the WTS sure seems to contradict themselves (like usual). First they say Lucifer is a man then they say it's Satan.

Lucifer is Satan. Jesus said He saw him fall from heaven like lightening (as indicated in Isaiah 14).

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Both are made-up names from disparate mythological stories.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

If you walk up to a typical dub (especially one, say, 40 years or older) they will typically equate Lucifer with Satan. This is due to the dogma that existed as they grew up. Most will not have read the New Light from 2002 and kept it in mind - in my experience, this would be a minor point that isn't important (partly due to the flip-flop that must be ignored to maintain peace of mind).

There will be more younger dubs, and a few conscientious ones, that will have picked up on the new understanding, but they will be in the minority.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Jesus said He saw him fall from heaven like lightening

The Hebrew word for lightning is barak, which means shining as well as lightning. An interesting double connection to the name Lucifer, the shining one.

BTS

• Japster
    Japster

According to Michael Jackson's "TRUE" wife, [named Lola Nona Seebub Akshersahifin Jackson] or somethin like that his reall name is Khalidad Lucifer and that is where MJ is now and all their children are from OL' Luce!

Weird but true.....

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Void Eater:"

If you walk up to a typical dub (especially one, say, 40 years or older) they will typically equate Lucifer with Satan. This is due to the dogma that existed as they grew up. Most will not have read the New Light from 2002 and kept it in mind - in my experience, this would be a minor point that isn't important (partly due to the flip-flop that must be ignored to maintain peace of mind)."

--------

Thanks. I think that's what I was looking for.

I think this "Lucifer" thing is important because I think WT will slowly begin to introduce more luciferian doctrine; after all that is where the 'new light' comes from.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Yes ... and also smurfs.

Just don't ask any what is Azazel.

• Lieu
    Lieu

.... and why is Satan's throne said to be in Pergamon (Greek Acropolis), known for being the birthplace of 'democracy'?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    What would a JW think if you mentioned "Luciferian principles"?

They would probably think that you were some kind of nut and offer you a magazine about the New World...

As far as I can see, the word does not appear in the NWT

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

BluesB:"They would probably think that you were some kind of nut and offer you a magazine about the New World...

As far as I can see, the word does not appear in the NWT"

I do not have NWT but in the KJV the word is used in Isaiah 14:12.

It is only used once in the Bible and this makes it a Unique Name.

To my knowledge, Lucifer has always been another name for Satan, the Devil and has been taught as such in Christian belief.

But the tides are beginning to turn. It is a name that has been interpreted for us and taught that way, although the origins of the word are conflicting with this dark entity.

In Latin, the word "lucifer" means "day-star" or "morning star".

In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name for the planet Venus.

The Christian churches have recently begun to change their teachings about Lucifer being Satan the Devil and that is why I have posed the question on this board. This is an important doctrinal change.

Here's what one christian website says about it:

" However, the scholars who translate the perfect word of God into the English language are not perfect and are fallible."

(The imperfect men excuse. Sounds awful familiar, doesn't it?)

" The term “Lucifer” came into biblical tradition from Jeromes Latin translation of the Bible called the Vulgate. “Lucifer” does not appear in the original language of the scriptures. Shamefully, the New King James Version maintains “Lucifier” in its modern update of the KJV. ....Unfortunately, one can see where the false concept came from concerning Satans name being Lucifer who fell from heaven. Lucifer is not a biblical name for Satan." http://www.christianmonthlystandard.com/index.php/looking-at-the-bible-versions-kjv-1611/

Christendom is beginning to retract some of their teachings...just like WT "updates" with the "new light" crap.

All I can say is if Lucifer is the one bringing all this new light, then he certainly is Satan the Devil. No question!

wiki says:

This usage as a reference to a fallen angel stems from a particular interpretation of Isaiah 14:3-20 , a passage that speaks of someone who is given the name of "Day Star" or "Morning Star" (in Latin, Lucifer) as fallen from heaven. [2] 2 Peter 1:19 and elsewhere, the same Latin word lucifer is used of the morning star with no relation to the devil. However, in writings later than those in the Bible, the Latin word Lucifer has often been used instead as a proper name for the devil.

Now, some christian doctrines are attempting to promote that Lucifer is actually Jesus.

quote:

Notice that Jerome correctly translated the Greek "phosphoros" into the Latin word "lucifer." Jerome obviously knew that this verse refers to Jesus Christ--yet he wrote "lucifer" with a small "l" and did not capitalize the word. He also knew that he had translated the word "phosphoros" perfectly into Latin.

Jerome knew that in the New Testament "Lucifer" is a title for Jesus Christ; yet he still chose to also translate the less- clearly defined Hebrew word "Heylel" in Isaiah 14:12 as "Lucifer," knowing that this word referred to Satan--and here Jerome started the word with a capital "L,"... (http://www.israelofgod.org/lucifer.htm )

------------------

Why is this important to me?

Because the WT has always been ambiguous about the term Lucifer. The ambiguity is what allows them to continually change meanings as they begin to refine their goal. This is why they can "flip-flop" so easily and people take no note. They give themselves plenty of room to "change the meanings" by not having a definite concrete doctrine on it. They banter back and forth with "could be's" and finally leave the question kind of up in the air. I can see the seeds of Luciferian doctrine being very subtly planted through their literature and that is why I know there is a Freemason connection to their teachings.

Now, unless a JW has a firm conviction at this point as to who exactly Lucifer is...it will make all the difference at a later date when they try to change it to a new meaning. If someone firmly believes Lucifer is Satan and is shown enough characteristics to prove that, then it will be very difficult to change their view point when the subtle changes begin to take place...as they so often do when 'new light' is presented.

----------------

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit