Would a total collapse of the WBTS put closure to resentment?

by The Berean 22 Replies latest jw friends

• The Berean
    The Berean

Their continued existence reminds me of my regret for being taken in ...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

SAME HERE

• Quandry
    Quandry

No, it could never bring closure. Not for what they did to my family. Not for taking more than thirty years of my life so that now, in my fifties, I have no educational degree and didn't save any money for the future. I know nothing of ways to invest...that was never my concern. I was going to be "in the new system" by now.....

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Quandry, I used to feel that way too. I'm 49 and my marketable skills are less than what I'd like. A college degree might have made a lot of difference in my financial situation, although I know people with one who don't make any more than my plumber husband.

But, things are what they are. I've always been able to find some sort of work that I enjoy doing. And, just because I'm almost 50 doesn't mean that someday I might not be able to go back to school for a couple of years. It's pretty easy to do an online degree anymore.

I can't spend the next 20 to 30 years of my life hating a bunch of deluded people. Every time I hear a Witness talk about the New System and how it's going to magically fix everything, I just feel pity for them now.

Life is what is happening now, they're wasting theirs waiting for a never to be future. Life is hard, but it's still worth living NOW.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Quandry:

What a precise, candid, and HONEST summary of what many-many must feel!

I'll predict that you'll still end up OK, even at this late date ... because of your new found clarity ...

All the Best,

Richard

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Resentment lies within me. The wbts could fall today but I would still be resentful tomorrow. Why? Because I resent my own participation in the whole thing. I will stop being resentful soon I hope. Because it's the only way I can truly move forward.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Tired of the Hypocricy:

I smell truth, wisdom, and honesty !!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yes, the collapse of the WB&TS would end my resentment, because people like my mom would finally be free.

• villabolo
    villabolo

It would vindicate me but as long as there are other organizations, religious, politcal or corporate, like the WBTS I would still have a measure of resentment.

Villabolo

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

YES. Then I could just laugh it off and go on with life. I think that if something drastic can happen with the Worldwide Church of God, (similar type religion/cult) I think the WT could be headed down a similar road. They just need some BIG defectors with guts! ie GB member, the slick PR guy, somebody from Legal etc...

That would be awesome!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit