Donating Blood

by vikesgirl101 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Okay, so I am guessing this has been posted in the past, but not recently.

After removing myself from the influence of the org, I wanted to do something different to symbolize drift. I am thinking about donating blood. The reason is not just symbolic, but I heard it can save up to like 25 lives. It would be so awesome to feel like I made a difference. So I am opening this thread up to you guys...yay or nay? I am not asking you if I should do it, I want to know how you feel about donating blood after you drifted from the org, and why. Thanks. I will make an informed decision.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I'm not sure what you mean by the term, "symbolize drift." But donating blood is wonderful, loving thing to do. Go for it.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I have donated blood numerous times since leaving the WT, most recently, a couple of days ago. It is simple and easy, and I feel better knowing it may have saved lives. It seems like a small thing for me to do that can make a big difference to others.

Most donated blood these days is split into various fractions. Who knows, maybe some of my fractions will save a JWs life!

• PEC
    PEC

I have donated 1 & 6/8 th(s) Gallons since July of 2007.

Philip

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I want to know how you feel about donating blood after you drifted from the org, and why.

Good!

Because it might save a life or maybe help save a life.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I am excited to donate blood. I know I put down that it was part of my drift from the org, but it is actually my departure that I want to celebrate. For awhile I wanted to get a tattoo. Well now that just sounds like fun, but is it beneficial to anyone? I love the thought of philantropy and benevolence for mankind. To me donating blood saves more lives than knocking on doors. I know it sounds like my mind is made up, but I like to take in all facets to an issue before I commit. Obviously I would not bounce this issue off from a JW, but I would love to hear from some of you who have been there, and done that. If there is a reason not to donate that I am overlooking, I would love to hear it.

Thanks for your thoughts! :)

• chickpea
    chickpea

i have donated over a gallon as well

never regretted a drop of it!

try it and see what you think

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I tried to donate but I'm not eligible to donate in the US due to my ties with the UK.

But by all means, go for it!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The Red Cross told me years ago to never donate blood, because I developed jaundice from a bad gall bladder. I was, however, permitted to donate platelets to a co-worker who had lukemia. I have no idea what the difference is between donating whole blood and just platelets. Anyway, donating platelets is a whole lot more involved than donating blood. I was there for a good part of the day while all of my blood was cycled and the platelets were harvested. During the process I felt cold and woozy, but it was a worthwhile cause.

• only me
    only me

I was going to celebrate my birthday last year by donating blood, but I wasn't eligible because I was taking a strong arthritis medication.

I'm not taking any meds this year so I'm going to make my first donation on my birthday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit