Jack Van Impe Ministries

by truthlover 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

I used to watch his program. He has some interesting points. He loves God and His son, Jesus, that is what counts.

On the negative side, IMHO he leans too much on his own understanding and "knowledge" and too little on the instruction of the Holy Spirit.

There is far too much on the end times and not enough on grace and very little on the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Much better to focus on the later, that is where it is at.

All the best,

Stephen

• blondie
    blondie

I don't take him (or her seriously) but I find it interesting the similarities they have with the WTS. jws and the WTS like to think they are unique in this line of thought.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Anybody who watches those shows and thinks it about anything expect $$$ needs serious help

• thomas15
    thomas15

To further beat the drums:

CRI (Christian Reaserach Institute) Hank Hanegraaff President. This ministry was founded by the late Walter Martin and is leading the charge (from an Evangelical prespective) in exposing the Biblical errors of the WT.

Ligonier Ministries- R.C.Sproul. Im personally not a big fan of Sproul but he is a theologian through and through. He also holds to preterism which is a teaching on the end times that has nothing dramatic happening at the end of this age. Hardly a position to hold if you want to make money selling end times media.

Coral Ridge Ministries- founded by the late D. James Kennedy, this is a Presbyterian ministry that is A-MIL (I think) which doesn not hold to anything like the WT end times scenerio. It is a gospel ministry plain and simple.

Thru the Bible Radio Network- founded by the late J. Vernon McGee, is also Presbyterian but Pre-Mil. The focus of the ministry is a running commentary of every verse of the Bible. Very little end times. A very good radio show, many have come to know Christ from listening to him.

Family Stations-Harold Camping. The definition of a nutcase. His theology is very close to the WT, he probably gets some of his ideas from the WT.

again, submitted in fairness,

thomas15

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I've always found the JW antagonism towards fundamentalists amusing. It's not so much based on different doctrine, I think as it is as being rivals in the same "business". LOL

JWs are using a technique given up on by even Avon to sell their religion, door to door direct sales. If they really want to rake in the big bucks, they're going to have to utilize televagelism and the internet. They have actually made small forays into those areas but their antagonism to anything new fangled (JWs are such Luddites..in the old Zion's Watchtower, they had articles raving about how that new telephone device was going to be the downfall of civilization, just like they do now about the internet) is holding them back from the really big money maker, TV.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

CRI (Christian Reaserach Institute) Hank Hanegraaff President. This ministry was founded by the late Walter Martin and is leading the charge (from an Evangelical prespective) in exposing the Biblical errors of the WT.

What exactly constitutes a "biblical error"?

• thomas15
    thomas15

Blondie,

I'm a little board right now so please allow me to comment. Jack Van Impe is a Dispensationalist (Pre-Millennium). I know very little about him and there is something about him that makes me uncomfortable. However, the larger question is one of theology. The end times is a small part of Dispensationalist teaching which is actually a method of interprating the entire Bible in a literal sense. An opposing theology is called Covanent theology. I will leave it up to you or anyone interested to further research the details.

The WT holds some theology which seems simular to Dispensationalist so during a casual reading of (end times) it could be easy to compare them. But I can assure you or anyone else reading this that there are vast differences between what any legitimate Dispensationalist teaches and what the WT teaches. I'm not defending Jack Van Impe as I have little knowledge of him but I have been told by reliable sources that he is a legitimate Dispensationalist and he also has a lot of Bible verses memorized. He teaches things like the trinity, salvation by alone grace through faith alone, an inerrant Bible, you know, standard Evangelical things.

yours truly,

thomas15

• thomas15
    thomas15

"What exactly constitutes a "biblical error"?"

For example Drew, trying to say that the Cedarville get togethers in the 1930s are prophecy fufilled.

• truthlover
    truthlover

thanks all for your insights -- I did order a cd on the "End" and have recd 3 letters since asking for donations.. so thats out

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Umm...... commercializing the gospel for profit and wealth , if Jesus was here to day seeing all of this what do you suppose he would say?

I know what those TV evangelists would say " Well you did die for are sins didn't you.....he he he ? " can we still get into everlasting Paradise ?

will burn down are mansions and destroy are Mercedes we promise !

I hope people will finally come to realize that TV evangelists and the JWS Corporation exploited the open and free religious market

that the American government provided and opened for them and of course lets not forget the exploitation in the belief in the bible.

Power and money does feel good ......umm umm umm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit