"Bible Students"

by Megachusen 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

I recently came across this Bible Student forum about evolution: http://www.biblestudents.net/forum/index.php?board=58.0

For those who don't know, the Bible Students are the result off a schism sometime before 1930 that broke the religion into two parts.

After reading that forum I'm pretty sure that they're just JW's without the governing body. So what's your opinion of them?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

During the split, the smaller group managed to get the printing presses.

Rutherfraud then turned the smaller group into a high control cult and grew his group with his advantage of the presses.

They may be relatively harmless, but I argee with Rutherfraud that "organised religion is a snare and a racket".

Cheers

Chris

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

They seem even more closed minded than the j-dubs

• Amazing
    Amazing

My experiences with Bible Students of various types is that they are JWs without the Watchtower. The best one I enjoyed is the Dawn Bible Students, as they seem, in my opinion, to be the most moderate. I enjoyed being at their International convention many years ago ... it is similar to JW conventions, except that it is more relaxed and enjoyable. And, this is why one can also see how many ex-JWs function the same way, that is, while they reject the Watchtower and may not necessarily associate with Bible Students, they still carry with them the same fundamental ideologies of the Watchtower ... some old crap stuffed in a different brand of toilet ... it all needs to be flushed down the same sewer.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think the most unique feature is their greatest downfall. They remain frozen in time. Russells books were written for his time. To continue to derive belief from them is simply awkward.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Look like they continue in their heresy and their teaching contrary to what the bible plainly states :(

Here is some of their statements of faith from their website and the passages from the bible they repudiate.

The soul (being) who refuses to accept and obey the better Mediator will be destroyed or devoured (not tormented).

Revelation 20:10 Revelation 20:13-15

The Lord's Return

We believe that the Lord's promised return is not physical to the eye, but spiritual, an invisible presence.

Matthew 24:27 Acts 1:11

All the best,

Stephen

• RR
    RR
    I think the most unique feature is their greatest downfall. They remain frozen in time. Russells books were written for his time. To continue to derive belief from them is simply awkward.

One could say the same about the Bible,

RR

a Bible Student

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Are there any Bible Students in Scotland?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Bible Students - "any new religious literature published since 1917 is bad."

Dubs - "any old religious literature published before yesterday is bad."

That about sums it up.

Farkel

• RR
    RR
    Are there any Bible Students in Scotland? - slimboyfat

They all died out. We've had some interest the past few years from former JW's, but I personally don't know what came of them. The DAWN might know.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit