CAN JW's ACCEPT A BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT?

by Mary 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Mary...Please accept my best wishes for your brother in law.

It is shocking that dubs are not more aware of their own religion's requirements on important issues. At least we can put them straight....

BTW. I double checked the c/d rom and I found nothing more recent. The article that dozy gave us is still current thinking

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

((((( Mary ))))) My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Coffee

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Mary, my thoughts are with you as well.......hugs to you......

• orbison11
    orbison11

20 years ago, my then 12 yr old daughter (we were still in then) had a bone transplant

we did not bat an eye at her receiving it

and no counselling whatsoever from the elders, etc

although not bone marrow, but close

orb

• davegod
    davegod

I feel for you and yours, I made this decision and it is not easy to do or live with afterwards.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I just joined the Bone Marrow Registry the other day. They send you a swab kit to collect cheek cells from the inside of your mouth.

http://www.marrow.org/

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks so much for all your comments.....it means alot. The latest is that his brother is now willing to be tested for the bone marrow to see if he's a match. I guess they will give him a shot of EPO to stimulate alot of stem cells and they'll do the test. Even though they're not identical twins, I'm just praying that it's a match. If he can get a match from a relative, then that's half the battle.

• gumby
    gumby

Thank god I found the edit button

• shamus100
    shamus100

GUMBY YOU SICK SONOFABITCH!

Nice to see you again, and I really hope all is well in your life. Do what you need to do, my friend.

Take care.

• gumby
    gumby

I apologize to Mary. I never read the content of this thread before I posted or read any of the comments. My sincere apologies.

My feelings go out to you and the family and will keep them in my prayers.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit