Why Merchants Will Weep When Babylon Falls

by cameo-d 10 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Demons and Buggars Vanish Like Magic!

No more rattling chains to keep you Awake! at night.

No more missing things that make you think you have misplaced them or lost your mind!

Just the thing you need to sprinkle on yard sale purchases!

Sprinkle on doorsteps to keep out solicitors. (Refresh on Wed. and Sat.)

(excerpt from site:)

You’ve heard of kosher salt? Now there’s a Christian variety.

Retired barber Joe Godlewski says he was inspired by television chefs who repeatedly recommended kosher salt in recipes.

“I said, ‘What the heck’s the matter with Christian salt?’” Godlewski said, sipping a beer in the living room of his home in unincorporated Cresaptown, a western Maryland mountain community.

By next week, his trademarked Blessed Christians Salt will be available at http://www.memphi.net

Not sure what I am going to do with this site yet. Apparently Godlewski shoulda registered his products domain name.

I absolutely love that people will buy anything with Jesus slapped on it. Christians are such consumer whores for Jesus crap it is astounding.

http://christiansalt.com/

--------------

Hey! You guys finding any good "miracle in a bottle stuff" or "magic Jesus" paraphenalia?

You know, if any of us started such a racket, we would go to jail for fraud. Why are these people allowed to continue the scams?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Hey Cameo-d,

Do you mean all Christians are 'consumer whores', or maybe a few so-called ones here and there? I'm a Christian and I've never bought any of that junk!

Outaservice

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

OutaService: "

Hey Cameo-d,

Do you mean all Christians are 'consumer whores', or maybe a few so-called ones here and there? I'm a Christian and I've never bought any of that junk!

Outaservice"

I DID NOT SAY THAT!!!!

I COPIED THAT DIRECTLY FROM THE LINKED WEBSITE.

• wobble
    wobble

No need to shout. It is funny though, from Holy Water to spinning illuminated Jesus models,certain Christians will by any crap, but who are we to pont the finger,those of us who bought the WBT$ crap ? (Not meaning you Cameo,so no need to shout at me)

Love

Wobble

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Dear Wobble....I only shouted because I want people to know that I personally meant no offense to anyone. I just hoped shouting would make it clear. I would not want to alienate my JWN friends whether they are christian or atheist!

My point in posting this is because I see so much "demon fear" type threads on the board. Yeah, I know most people poke fun at it now....but sadly many people still believe these superstitions and it's because religions have manipulated them in that direction.

When it comes to demons, one big difference I see between JWs and other religions is that other religions provide rituals to get rid of such things. With JWs, there are no rituals that I know of, and the person just seems to suffer psychological torment and continued ignorance.

By promoting superstitions, this also opens up another monetary market for profit. Whether its paying to keep candles burning for the dead or giving a hefty donation to have the priest consecrate your home, superstition is both a manipulative technique and a marketing tool.

Holy water, the sacramental with which the ordinary faithful are most familiar, is a mixture of exorcised water and exorcised salt; and in the prayer of blessing, God is besought to endow these material elements with a supernatural power of protecting those who use them with faith against all the attacks of the devil. This kind of indirect exorcism by means of exorcised objects is an extension of the original idea; but it introduces no new principle, and it has been used in the Church from the earliest ages

Apparently, christians of other faiths can just throw some salt in the corners of their home and have faith that the demons have dispersed. Poor JWs have to wrangle with demons for a lifetime without remedy.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I found a Potatoe Chip with Jesus face on it... was offered $2,000 by a Born Again....I got drunk...and ate it!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If only that Christian salt made a person young and thin and rich.

• read good books
    read good books

"I don't care if it rains or freezes

as long as I've got my plastic Jesus

riding on the windshild of my car..."

From a movie I think it was...-HUD with Paul Neuman

• parakeet
    parakeet

He should sprinkle some miracle Christian salt on that thing on his forehead.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I would love to bottle my farts and call it Demon's breath......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit