SC Governor and Men in general

by Wordlygirl 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

At what point? Perhaps when we start moralizing on how others should live their life. Something about being a self-righteous leader seems to be a good step towards embarrasing yourself in public.

Also, I agree with Ohio about the braodh brush. I'm a non-cheating male - not because I'm morally superior to anyone, but because I don't want to hurt my spouse.

At what point? Perhaps more seriously, at the point where we care equally about the needs of others as well as our own desires.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I don't think the answer is as easy as that , true men have stronger sexual drives in comparison to woman but there is that psychological need

of attention and closeness with another person that some marriages between a man and woman fall very short of.

All the attention of course is apparent at the beginning of the relationship but as time moves on within it things change somewhat dramatically

and some to a lesser degree. It may not necessarily be all about sex itself, but most of the time it is.

In other words a good healthy sexual relationship within a marriage is definitely strengthening and upholding, when that falters

trouble starts peeking its head around the corner.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

One aspect that is often overlooked when discussing unfaithful politicians is that, for the most part, these guys were nerdy bookworms in high school who didn't get laid very often. Men who possess the kind of drive to reach that level of power typically weren't very attractive to girls in their youth. The badboys who ended up with minimum wage jobs were the ones the girls flocked to. Now, decades later, they find themselves with power, authority, wealth, and the attention from the opposite sex that comes along with those attributes.

It's not an excuse, but I think a lot of these men are overwhelmed by the temptation to do what they never had a chance to do when they were young. That's not the whole story, but it's part of it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't think it can be blamed entirely on the lower head or a bit of booty. The lower head is quickly satisfied, and ready to move on at a moment's notice. A man, or woman for that matter, might develop an infatuation and have an affair for any number of reasons such as a lack of love at home, physical or emotional abuse or neglect, etc. In my case, I was in a loveless marriage for many years before I finally considered looking outside of the marriage for companionship. And then, it wasn't sex I was looking for. I just wanted to be treated like a human being for a change.

W

• Wordlygirl
    Wordlygirl

Men in general?

Quite a broad brush-stroke.

Women aren't as likely to cheat?

Sorry, I was not meaning to brush all men, but it seems to be so common. Yes, women do cheat, but you rarely read or hear about a woman who has worked hard to get wealth, power and respect who then throws it all away over a qucikie or quick affair. Usually the women in these sitauations are single and/or from middle to poor economic backgounds and they are looking for a ticket to a better ride.

Just listening to the guys in the warehouse, it seems like sex is constantly on their minds and for many they make it sound like a conquest. LOL

Wordlygirl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Some people, and not just men, tend to confuse intimacy with sex, passion with lust and as such, when the "new car feeling" goes away, they look to trade up.

Its a horrific thing that Love that shoudl rule us all, is but in the backseat to lust and that people prefer to seetle for the "petit morte" than to have the kind of love that poets write about ands that dreamers dream about.

• streets76
    streets76

Evolution explains everything -- everything!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit