The end of the world

by Adrianoblue 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL at AK - Jeff! I guess it's 2075 now. Whatever!

I tend to agree with mindmelda. I hope the nastier stuff goes away and the good stuff remains. What I do know is that change is part of the order of things. Everything is in motion. Let's hope we can change for the better and move toward good things.

PEC has a very good point as well. So far, no one has ever been able to prove that God exists. I'm still waiting for the proof. We can 'believe' and we can 'hope', but there is no 'proof' (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

Soooo.... if God doesn't exist, then how can the world end at his hand? If he does exist, what I feel from my reading of the Bible is that this whole Earth and Human experience has been a 'work in progress' even with regards to God and how he has handled things. It's a nice 'idea' that he'll end all the bad things...and then I look beyond that. So then what? A lot of good comes from bad from my observations. Can you have good without bad? What is an existence without the alter piece (no night, just day; no bad, just good; no death, just life). Many things that exist today will have to cease as one cannot exist without the other. Right around this point my brain starts short circuiting and I need chocolate or alcohol or a punching bag.

All I can suggest is that you live your life using True North Principles and that you do things that lift your spirits and help you grow positively. Ensure you nurture the 4 areas of human need: To Live (Physical), To Love (Emotional), To Learn (Mental), and To Leave A Legacy (Spiritual). Don't live your life waiting for the Big A to happen.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I no longer have any interest in giving my power to god to change the world. I will change my world. That is my reality and I am god of it. As far as the material world, it will continue after I die. I am not in control of it. I am content with that

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

No! And didn't god "destroy the world" or punish the bad people many times before? Why can't he get it right? If there is a god, you'd think he could get his $%*& together already.

nj

• shamus100
  • doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

The cosmic joke! We are just not that important in the scheme of things. Did the world stop when someone you loved died??

The end of whos world?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit