Son of JW Lawyer describes the Witness religion

by dinah 10 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

This was sooooo true.

You can Disfellowship the person, but it doesn't make everything you were taught disappear overnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppijrqHSMU

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What a handsome bright intelligent young man.

He is very perceptive and worded himself very well.

I have a gut feeling that he will go on to make a big difference in a positive way.

Thanks for posting.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yes, he summed it up very well. I hope he can make a big difference.

• I quit!
    I quit!

If anyone knows how to reach him they should invite him join this board. I'd like to hear more from him.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm interested why they won't allow women to hold positions in their organization yet will use a woman lawyer.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Too bad he's a gay.

• Roski
    Roski

I knew a young person studying law (scholarship) who was exemplary in every way - both in terms of personal life and the "truth".

The family was somewhat looked down upon and the child - while always giving well thought out answers at the meetings - was sniggered at by some in the congregation. (I felt) that the father was obstructed from servant positions due to this situation. (note - not everyone felt this way)

However, before this young person graduated from uni, bethel was asking for them to be part of the legal team. This was one of the major incidences that turned my kids away from the 'truth.' While they liked this person very much, they hated the two-faced nature of the organization.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Too bad he's a gay.

I would have to disagree!!!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Yes, there are some women lawyers who represent the society in various functions, and writes articles also representing the Watchtower, e.g. Carolyn Wah and also another woman, cannot remember her name.

but I guess this is ok because it is a non-religious role.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Interesting, I have seen a previous video of this young man....he did very well.

h4o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit