It's not about theology - It's about character

by LennyinBluemont 23 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Well not entirely abandoned.....

We still have arianism, no hellfire, collections plates, and immortality of soul....

• PEC
    PEC

Thanks Lenny.

Philip

• parakeet
    parakeet

Jehovah’s Witnesses are for the most part, good and honest people.

Dubs are willing to commit murder by letting a child bleed to death by refusing them life-saving blood transfusions.

Dubs are willing to put their children through hell by forcing them to shun friends in school, resulting in loneliness and alienation that can last a lifetime.

Dubs are willing to force their children to refuse participating in any school activities that celebrate holidays or display patriotism.

Dubs are willing to force their children to shut down their brains and accept as absolute truth the undiluted crap from the WTS.

Dubs discourage their children's betterment through higher education.

These are not acts of good and honest people.

What does it say about the character of an organization.....

An organization does not exist as an impersonal entity. The organization is made up of dubs, not just the gb and elders. The corruption may start at the top echelons, but it permeates through the r&f dubs as well. Dubs may return your lost wallet, but they are intent on stealing your freedom.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The wt publication" Jehovah`s Witnesses proclaimers of Gods Kingdom" pg 576 says a man by the name W.H.Conley was the initial president from 1881 to 1884. Russell didn`t officially become it`s president until the society was legally incorporated in 1884.

smiddy

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks so much ,Lenny !

That was very very well written, and may well open the eyes of many.

When our Lord said "By this people will know if you are my disciples, by the love among youselves " he was talking about the "character " of that group, not their theology and doctrines as such.

Great points you make, thanks again.

love

Wobble

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

How true all that you've said.Well stated Lennie ,now and again a poster comes along and hits the spot ,bulls eye.It's just a pity that the Witnesses who came to my door on Saturday morning are not officially allowed to read it. But maybe some JW in the big wide world might just pick on what you say and be influenced by your thoughts, let's hope so.

Sometimes words, maybe a song, or a poem is written and when you read it you think yes that sums up one's underlying thoughts exactly but you can't find the words to express them. Lenny you did just that.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Great post. I agree, character is key

Matthew 12:33 (New International Version)

33 "Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.

Clearly, the WT is a bad tree with bad fruit, no remorse, no repentance, no conscience, and ultimately no truth, only lies and cover up. I think at the heart of this is bad theology though. If you end up creating a false god, and studying and worshipping it them that is the root of the problem. For me, Jesus is "my Lord and my God" John 20:28 and He can transform anyone and fix up any situation better than new :) All the best, Stephen

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thank-you for posting,

purps

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

An interesting thought on this subject!

I came accross this a while back:

"Charles Taze Russell did not believe in an authoritarian organization such as the Jehovah's Witnesses. Russell believed that Christians could be found amongst all denominations, and that the church did not need a visible headship, such as a governing body here on earth. Russell was associated with the Bible Students movement, and he was the main founder of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, but that legal entity did not control the activities of the congregations of the Bible Students. Russell believed in the religion that was started by Jesus and the apostles, and did not seek to start a new religion.

Joseph Rutherford is the real founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization, since no such organization existed in the days of Russell. After Russell died, Rutherford use the legal entity as a basis for form a new religious organization, claiming it to be the "God's visible organization on earth." By 1930, most of the earlier Bible Students movement had rejected Rutherford's new organization, and they rejected Rutherford's new doctrines that would deny their central doctrine of the "ransom for all." The Bible Students movement was existing and carrying on its affairs without Rutherford or Rutherford's new organization and teachings. In order to distinguish his organization from the Bible Students movement, in 1931, Rutherford had the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" adopted to distinguish his new organization from the Bible Students movment.

With this in mind, it is misleading to associate Charles Taze Russell with an organization (Jehovah's Witnesses) that he did not believe in.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_founded_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses#ixzz1ERkIy8kc The JW book "Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers of God's Kingdom" mentions the work of Russell in proclaiming the "good news".. It said the four opposers to Rutherford's appointment were not even supposed to be directors as they were never voted on by the corporation even tho Russell had appointed them. They were thus ousted..and Rutherford .. In my eyes Rutherford went from a Encyclopedia book salesman to a Magazine, religion peddling salesman. The actual WTBTS was established under Russell in 1879.. The actual name of Jehovah's Witnesses didn't come about until 1931 when it was voted on at an assembly.. Snoozy

• garyneal
    garyneal

A year late but still a good read for me. Thanks for posting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit