Apostasy ????

by KAYTEE 10 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Apostasy, definition,………to leave one’s religion.

If apostasy is regarded as serious in the eyes of the Borg. And it is.

Why was my wife, who, before coming a witness some 35 years ago, who was a roman catholic, was not treated THEN, as she would be treated NOW, if she (heaven forbid) were to rejoin the clan after having left for app.6years.

Back then they did not put her at the back of the hall for a good year, before accepting her, even though she was in principal, apostate.

Why the two standards

KT

• reniaa
    reniaa

There is a massive gap between clergy and flock in many religions now, they like the idea of enjoying leadership without the responsibility. The responsibility to keep our congregation clean and and rebuking being part of this is very much a theme in the greek scriptures and the leaders have this unenviable task.

Apostasy isn't just not believing anymore but actively bringing it to others notice by spreading that disbelief.

You can see the difference on this forum in particular. There are many on here that are just anti-witness that want confirmation for not being witnesses but then there are others that will actively say things to create doubts in active Jws, they do youtubes, they do alternate wt studies, they incite deception, and messages in and around kingdom halls, they persue insider information so they can use it to tell people ahead of time like pulling bunnies out of a hat and with a healthy amount of their own spin and speculation on the change. this is what makes them apostate. They confront spouses with a constant flow of apostate material off here to stumble them. but there is a lack of openes to it that I cannot admire in many respects.

Reniaa

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

posted less than a minute from now (6/24/2009)

Edited: sorry I just found it amusing that the previous message had said "posted less than a minute from now". Simple minds are easily amused. I didn't realise when I cut and pasted it that the time would change where I pasted it too, so now it no longer predicts a future message and my comment looks even weirder than usual.

• alanv
    alanv

As you say, two standards. What you have to remember when dealing with JWs is that unlike many other religions they say that only they have the real truth. Therefor it is right and proper that people leave the churches etc; but it is totally wrong to turn your back on the org as only that is God's true organisation. A few years ago they changed the baptismal questions so that now if you leave they can much more easily disfellowship you for apostasy against the org. I faded years ago so I did not give any pledge to be part of an org. But as I say that is different now. The benefit for them, is that if they can formally disfellowship you there is less chance of you helping someone else leave.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You can see the difference on this forum in particular. There are many on here that are just anti-witness that want confirmation for not being witnesses but then there are others that will actively say things to create doubts in active Jws, they do youtubes, they do alternate wt studies, they incite deception, and messages in and around kingdom halls, they persue insider information so they can use it to tell people ahead of time like pulling bunnies out of a hat and with a healthy amount of their own spin and speculation on the change. this is what makes them apostate. They confront spouses with a constant flow of apostate material off here to stumble them. but there is a lack of openes to it that I cannot admire in many respects.

My reply: Of course you can not admire the valliant efforts by many on here to help those stuck in the cult....because you yourself are stuck in it mentally.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

If I see that my family are being deceived and that they have been manipulated by any one or any organisation (religious or not) I will speak up and question and ask them to look at the evidence presented and discuss. However they chose to willing accept that deceiption and I respected their decision and shut my mouth - yet I had to disfellowshipped.

I guess they didn't want truth tarnishing their deception.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Kaytee...that is a thought provoking question! Really, it is quite funny to look at their reasoning in that light. She was an apostate. How would they know she wouldn't "apostacize" from her next religious experience? Why didn't she have to prove herself?

Well, they needed a warm body and needed to up the figures and get some of that cash flow.

They were concerned for her spiritual state, of course. As long as she chose them. Poor dear was coming from the Watchtower's rival...how they hate the Catholic church! They needed to quickly take the number of the beast off of her! LOL! Thankfully she found her way out!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Biblically, Apostasy is only mentioned two places in the NT ... and it only refers to turning against Jesus Christ. It has never had anything to do with leaving an organization ... that is Watchtower fantasy one of their control tools.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

right, it is a pejorative, or a curse word to make the JWs disregard and not hear what the person has to say

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Jehovah's Witnesses are told in the Reasoning book that, among other things, apostate means to oppose Jehovah and to refuse to acknowledge his earthly organisation.

Try finding that in a dictionary.

Does the Governing Body intend making the Witnesses look foolish by fitting them out with publications that have sectarian definitions of ordinary English words contained within them? Can you imagine whipping the Reasoning book out at a quiz night if one of the questions was "What is apostasy?"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit