Apostate question

by minu 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minu
    minu

I have forgotten how to put something in quotes. Sorry about that.

• blondie
    blondie

Sounds like we are in the "toenails" of the image in Daniel............

A phrase that other end-time groups have used and I have heard used by jws...which came first the chicken or the egg?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

it's just the usual shit, i wouldn't worry

• Heaven
    Heaven

He also made it a point to say that "this is all he can say on the subject".

This is either because he doesn't know anything else, they are being lied to about something, or they are being told to do this. Either way, I figured if these people keep saying Armageddon is coming, then it won't. I highly doubt God is going to allow anyone on the face of this earth to say "See? We told you so!"

What I do know is that when their membership numbers start declining, they whip up 'the end is near' fervor. It has happened many times in the past 135 years. I suspect it will continue happening.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Sounds like we are in the "toenails" of the image in Daniel............

He must not clip them, and they're getting really long now.

W

• sspo
    sspo

Like Solomon said "There is nothing new under the sun", it's the same old crappola

from 1870.

• yknot
    yknot

Here is my GUESS......

The CoBOE school is all about the end being so close that it is the real reason behind the changes to the bookstudy and the reason more changes are coming....... in preparation of well Tribulation first and then A (gotta love Losch for bringing Trib back to the front and center)!.... on the other hand 2014 is approaching so they might as well ride that some regarding R&F.

Thus these men gobble it up and see the need for secrecy. They also help implement any new changes coming without hinderence .......all in all it makes the men feel important in an otherwise normal life.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

There's nothing earth-shattering in the Patterson school for Presiding Overseers (now called "Coordinators of the Body of Elders"). If there was, we would have heard about it on this board. There are too many active elders and others with solid JW contacts to keep it a secret from this board.

I'm inclined to agree with lots of the posters on this board that it's more of the same ol' "The End is Near" clap-trap. I find it amusing that adults actually take this stuff seriously...but they do.

• sarahbear76
    sarahbear76

Hi Minu,

My guess is that they might be using December 21 2012 as date for the end. Everyone is getting a little nervous about that date so they might be using that to their advantage. My advice is take one day at a time. What ever happens happens. God is not what they paint him to be so don't be scared. I know it's hard when you have loved ones left in the organization. If you ever need to talk or vent PM me. Our grandpas sound a lot a like.

Sarah :)

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Minu,

That does sound weird, almost like one of those "we don't know what Jehovah has in store for us but won't say" things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit