Favorite recipe

by John Doe 20 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hey now, I'm a pretty good cook. I've always loved to cook--I just hate washing dishes. One of my favorite things to do is knead bread dough. ;-)

• John Doe
    John Doe

And I'd love the recipe.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Home made Tortillas.

Carnitas nice and crispy served on corn tortillas with cilantro and onion and green tomatillo sauce with a side of mexican rice.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Ok, I'm going to have to eat at your house next!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Stuffed shells

Boil 1 package large shells to al dente and keep cool .

Drain one box chopped frozen spinach, 10 oz.....drain and squeeze out all xtra moisture in papertowls.

Dice one red onion and 2 cloves garlic and saute in 2 T. olive oil until clear. Add to the onion and garlic 1 pound good quality sweet italian sausage...(if in casings remove) break up and fry until no longer pink.

Add 1 tsp. basil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.

In a large bowl stir one egg until frothy, add a small container whole milk ricotta cheese, and 1/2 cup fresh grated parmeasan. Stir in, spinach, and cooked sausage mixture. Combine completely,

In a large 9 x 12 pan, coat with 1/2 large jar Prego sauce,....(it must be prego brand). Stuff boiled shells with mixture, you will not use all the shells, fill them full and place open side up in pan in sauce. When pan is full, cover with remaining prego sauce in jar and grate more parmesan over the top. Bake at 350 in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes.

r.

• beksbks
    beksbks

mmmmmmmmmmmm Carnitas

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Fluffy French Toast

12 slices of soft whole wheat bread. Inexpensive store brand sandwich sliced bread works well.

1/2 c flour
    1/2 T. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1 T. sugar
    1/4 tsp. salt

Wisk together in a bowl. Add:

1/2 c milk
    1/4 c oil
    6 eggs

Beat well until smooth. Dip sliced of bread in mixture and cook on a greased 350 degree griddle for approx 2 min, each side.

Pam works best to keep the slices from sticking to the griddle. Any leftover mix can be cooked in the griddle... it tastes like a fluffy crepe. these are not so sweet that you cannot use syrup or powdered sugar. My families favorite.

J

• Farkel
    Farkel

Open 1 can of beans.

Heat on stove.

Eat from pan.

Or, if you are really daring, eat from a plate.

Fork is optional.

Farkel

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I have 3 ... Garlic Shrimp with linguini, Boulliabase, and New England Baked Haddock

Oh and it's will soon be the time of year for homemade chicken or turkey soup with crusy bread...

Coffee

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR3kfP1IQHk

We are cooking this at the fire station today, we made it a bit bigger and are smoking it instead of cooking it in the oven. We stuffed it with onion, fried bacon, bell pepper, cheese, and b-b-q sauce. The whole thing is 12,000 cal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit