What is your best example of Witnesses REPHRASING something to change its meaning?

by BonaFide 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

JW's redefine words. They change lives as a result, with people actually thinking they are in control, when they are not.

Here are some that really have caused me anxiety, arguments, and just complete FRUSTRATION. Even when I was a "believer" some of these bothered me.

Provision (Rule)

Mature (Follows WT Society)

Independent thinking (Thinking)

Faithful and Discreet Slave (A group of men and women in NY who write the WT)

Discipline from Jehovah (Elders deciding if your family and friends can speak to you)

Guidelines (Rules)

Suggest (Should do, or else elders can counsel you)

Apostate (Someone who used to think JW's correct, and now doesn't)

Privileges (Anything the Society wants to call it, including being appointed as an elder or servant, or cleaning toilets.)

Do you have any examples of REPHRASING that you have seen the Society use?

BF

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Christian (only Jehovah's Witnesses)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

99% of JWs will rephrase any question I ask on the Trinity.

They just absolutely refuse to answer my questions.

They like to pretend they have answered them, so that they feel good, but the answer is always to a strawman question that I didn't ask.

I have been around this religion since the day I was born and I still can't have a decent conversation about anything that I want to discuss.

Slippery bastards......maybe I have to nail their feet to the bloody floor to get their attention.

Cheers

Chris

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Rephrasing what the definition of a lie is-aka "Theocratic Warfare".

• stillin
    stillin

love. principled love. brotherly love. love in most of its' expressions.

lions and lambs.

our present "understanding." (our?)

"meeting" (of what?)

family worship night (wth?)

exemplary (gag)

• aniron
    aniron

too right, Deserter, in the JW mind "Christian/s" refers only to Jehovahs Witnesses. I would redefine "apostate" as someone who finally has seen through the lies of the Watchtower. "the end" anytime between now and infinity. "Armageddon" worldwide bloodbath. "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" publishing organisation that uses unpaid workers to print and distribute its book, magazine, brochures and tracts.

• The Berean
    The Berean

I've heard it a thousand times. A person is called on to answer a question posed at the KH. Without thought, the first two words out of their mouth are:

"We know"

A more accurate translation might be: "somebody else has told us that this is true. It therefore is the only possibility."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do not like it when they call "agape" the highest form of "love". This "agape" is the most generic sense of the word--doing good, but only grudgingly (or worse, sending people to stock examples like the Lie of Job).

With this as "love", I wonder what "hate" is.

• androb31
    androb31

Born Again = Indoctrinated by the org. then baptized into the org. then slaving for the org.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"It's a personal decision."

This really means...

"There is only one RIGHT choice.If you make the wrong choice, we'll DF you."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit