Do you think individual colors effect how a person acts or feels?

by asilentone 13 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes! I swear, everyday when I go to pick out my underwear, I have to choose the right color for how I feel that day. I've even caught myself saying, "Yes, I have to wear my Power ones today." You know, as in Power Suit. I think color is very important in decorating your house, not just for personality, but for comfort and mood. I read that even blind people are calmed by a soft, warm pink room. I used to have my living areas painted a very light, soft strawberry milkshake pink for that very reason, to calm the minions.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Absolutely!

Reds, Orange, bright yellows and pinks will rev you up, pink is an especially disturbing color.

Blues and greens are soothing ( just like outdoors)

When decorating, remember what nature does....Blues and greens are dominant, wood and stone tones are next,...... everything else is just accent colors.

r.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Pink underware makes me want to skip down the ranch driveway..Thats what happens when you mix reds with whites when your doing laundry......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My living room is warm, olive greens, deep wine/burgandies and woods with white walls. I have birdhouses and gardening, woods themes which goes well with my view out my slider of fir and hardwood trees with the pond. You can't tell that the pond is not a lake. We pretend the pond is a lake and this is a cabin on the lake.

I agree that certain loud or cool shades of pink aren't soothing, but the pale, warm, strawberry milkshake pink shade is very soothing. Think pale, pink sunsets and pale pink/peach conch shells.

My bedroom is done in romantic/sexy warm deep reds and soft warm greens with roses everywhere. It's very comforting.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Outlaw, I had pale Pink carpet during the late 80's early 90's, my husband was skipping down the drive way happy to get out of his own house!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I had some loud, wild, multi-colored pink shag carpet in my bedroom of a rental house in west Texas. I didn't like it but my husband loved it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!..A pink carpet..I`ve chatted with your hubby on the board..I think he probably likes pink as much as I do..LOL!!.....He must love you a lot,to let you get a pink carpet!.............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I too agree with 'color thearpy'. I particuarly enjoy the powerful feeling the color yellow gives me, so I'm slowly replacing all home decorations to be made out of 24k gold. Like FHN, I decorate my bedroom with deep reds and warm greens - rubies and emeralds, of course. Set in gold.

It's "therapy", and it makes me very, very, very happy.

(Seriously though, I use several coloreds light in my house... to reinforce the 'mood' I try to set in each room.)

- Lime

• restrangled
    restrangled

Outlaw....you have never seen such a happy man as when we had all wood floors installed. Everything is in chocolate leathers, pale creamy yellow, and out door green with some animal prints.

The bedroom is painted in Chocolate...like coffee with some cream, dark wood furniture, and everything else is the color of the ocean...Its so soothing.

No more pink anywhere!

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit