Calling Young Brothers to Bethel while Kicking Out the Loyal Ones

by Ultimate Reality 17 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I temped twice...once around 88...the other time around 96-97. Both times I had apps in for permanent...both times I withdrew them after the temp gig..... The first time I was at Brooklyn for 3 weeks...the second time for 4 weeks at Walkill....enough time to know I would hate hate HATE it. In retrospect, what a wise move...not going there....making it my "career".... I would probably be getting the boot right about now...and I would never have met the love of my life ......... **shudder**

MTS I thought would be good...then they tried to send me to some little hick town called in the middle of nowhere Kansas....I didnt go then some hick town in the middle of Illinois.... I didnt stay long... MTS was the first crack in my Theocratic Armor.... just the opposite effect of what they intended....

Bethel and MTS are NOT discussed around these parts. I cannot remember the last brother sucker to go from here.

Snakes ()

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

catbert,

Ole Billy's gonna be okay. It just takes time to figure out what I want to do with my life now.

However, the few years ago when I first started waking up and left Bethel, but tried to believe, yet was losing belief... that was like going through morphine or heroine withdrawal or something. Finally being able to go from saying, "Jehovah has blessed me", to saying "I worked like a slave and got nothing but abuse and empty promises from a bunch of false prophets" was not a pain-free journey. But I made it, and I have hope for many others, too.

B the X

• yknot
    yknot

...... while no one has been accepted, the call for Brothers has been sounded loudly (we have 4 who graduated in June) since January in my KH!

Luckily all have college plans this fall!

I wonder what tune the CO is singing now about that WTS request in light of him learning about the layoffs!

Corporate Bastards!

• bobld
    bobld

You hit the nail right on the head.Example,Watchtower April 15,2009 page 20-22."Can You Serve Where the Need for Kingdom Publishers Is Greater?".They go on and say that there is a great need for Kingdom publishers who could preach to the English-speaking population in Mexico.So Ralph and Pam with their sons,then aged 8 and 12,accepted the invitation.They (GB) go on to explain how many SIMPLIFIED their life to expand their ministry in Mexico.

Why,because their are an extimated one million citizens of the USA living in Mexico.Ralph explains:We prayed for more workers.We always kept an extra bedroom in our home available for brothers and sisters who came to our area to 'spy out the land,' so to speak.So they have this vast territory and pray for more workers.Well guess WHAT "Both our sons began pioneering with us,AND they are now serving where the need is greater but not in Mexico, they are serving at Bethal in the United States.

Why to replace that Brother that gave that experience at last years D.C. and other older ones like him.Yes GB/WBTS we all know oyur dirty tricks and how you treat elderly people with contempt.Sorry for the long post.

bob

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I talked to a brother at the convention last week whose daughter and son-in-law are former bethelites. 23 years. Now he said they were asked to "go back into the field" in other words, they were asked to leave. According to him, they love it.

BF

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

hearing that just really burns me. any organization that someone can give their best years to and they are thrown out on the street with no marketable skills is horrible. oh, yeah, they gave him the preaching work to do. like that is going to put food on the table and shelter over his head.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So much for Jehovah taking care of those who are loyal. You go to Beth Hell, get nothing to save, you work there, you get put out, and get nothing at all. You are on your own to find a job, when age discrimination is most probable (plus, most worldly people will not look kindly on Beth Hell on a resume, if they even know how to write one of those things).

I would not recommend either Beth Hell or that Value Destroyer Training School--both are going to use you up and throw you away. As for that Value Destroyer Training School, the days when you went through it and sat waiting for an assignment are long gone--more likely you are to get a billion assignments at once and be expected to fulfill all of them. Build the congregations up using the methods that have already failed, so they can get Critical Mass. If you are successful, you have plunged the world into the Second Dark Ages. If not, you are a loser.

Neither "career(??)" is appealing. I would rather have a career of posting on apostate boards. At least these boards will not throw me out on the streets with no chance to find other employment or use me to plunge the world into a Second Dark Ages.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I was invited to join the Bethel family. Knew it wasn't for me. The PO talked to me after declining the invitation and said its rare for anyone to be invited especially a woman. Was told I was hindering the holy spirit, not accepting Jah's guidance and a whole bunch of other stuff that failed to impress me. However, one elder did tell me that he thought I made the right decision in not going.

Going to Bethel is a career buster. Going to serve where the need is greater was definitely worth it but should have done something similar through the Peace Corps...it looks better on the resume. I feel a little sorry for the folks getting tossed out after so many years and having to make it on their own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit