Know that the end is here - summary of another DC talk, thanks to AuntBee for her recording

by insearchoftruth 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Know that the end is here!

Once again, not a verbatim transcript, but the points I thought seemed pertinent from this talk...once agian, all it seems to be talking about is the end, but did manage a swipe at the internet as well......

Can you feel it, it seems to be everywhere, what many people are feeling today is the desire for change, many are simply overwhelmed with the pressures of everyday life……

Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, Revelations 6 gives us insights on events in our own day.

This is just the beginning of what we will experience in these last days. The time of the end is unique because all these things happen during one time and on a global scale.

Are we proving ourselves ready for what lies ahead, or are we fearful of future events. We must look ahead with great rejoicing knowing full well that the end is near and a new world is just on the horizon…what evidence do we have that convinces us that we are in the last days. There are four elements that help us to appreciate that the end is very near.

1. Events – foretold word events continue with increasing intensity….landscape of war has changed since 1914 no longer are wars localized but sometimes they encompass the entire globe, new weapons, terrorism, also war is now capable for the amateur as well as the professional. Peace has been taken away from the earth on a global scale. Food shortages – 33 countries lack sufficient food to feed there people, caused by grain being used to create fuel rather than feed people. Earthquakes – the 2004 earthquake in the Indian Ocean that created the tsunami made that the deadliest year for earthquakes in 500 years. One seismologist said suddenly we are seeing a spurt in seismic activity globally but nobody knows why. Pestilence – cures for many diseases are providing to be elusive, aids, cancer, madcow, malaria, small pox, tb, swine flu.

2. Attitude – whose attitude. Increase of lawlessness, the love of God and his work will cool off. This is the most important love that a Christian can have today. 2 Tim 3:1 talks about changes in society. Do we not agree that we live in dangerous times, hard to deal with. We live in a world that is full of dangerous love, even those in the same family show no natural affection. Just as in the days of Noah, we live in a world that is filled with violence. Use of the internet brings racism, violence and immorality into our homes. Even the worlds attitude has spilled out to hatred of true Christianity.

3. Political Circumstance – Daniel 2:42 – final stage of Daniels image prophecy. Divided leadership. Rather than governments working together, globally nations have become fragmented. Governments are becoming more fragile. This kind of activity amongst the governments supports the evidence that the end is near. Terrorism also supports this – silent weapons, these are biological weapons that have been attempted but have had few results. Terrorism aims to destabilize society by using fear (AND THE WTS DOES NOT DO THIS THEMSELVES????) What event will bring about a change that will bring true security to earth???? This world will soon reach its cataclysmic finish.

4. The condition and activity of God’s people – those who do not recognize the conditions of the world and their significance go on living as they always have. What will be the sign of Jesus presence and the conclusion of things. How close are we to the conclusion of the system of things, Matt 24:34 (generation will not pass away….) having an ample understanding of the word generation helps us to know that the end is very near. This generation does not refer to all the anointed since the first century to our day, but rather an anointed class since 1914 make up this generation that will not pass away until all these things have occurred. Now this generation usually refers to people of various ages whose lives overlap for a time period or event so that how we calculate the event of this generation, exact time can not be determined. But we do know this, it would not be excessively long and it does have an end. As a class anointed Christians whose lives overlap during the time of the end have seen the beginning of this sign and will see the end. Yes the end draws closer each day and the sign that we see of all those who are alive on the earth today but as an anointed class we know this very important fact that we are right on the threshold of a new system of things. So we have to ask ourselves are we absolutely convinced that the end is near, are we keeping on the watch. We must not become so involved with the everyday activities of life that we fail to realize how close we really are. These chosen ones are warning us of the nearness of the end. Because the end is so near what should we be busying ourselves with, the good news of the kingdom should be preached to all nations, and then the end will come. This generation is responsible for preaching the ‘good news’ to all people. The majority of us that are here today as part of the great crowd have the privilege of assisting with this warning our neighbors of the destruction that will take place. Everything mentioned by Jesus will be witnessed by this generation of chosen ones, but more is needed than just recognizing the end, keep on the watch. The composite signs of things happening right now are unique to this day. How close are we, consider Luke 21:31 – when you see these things occurring know that the kingdom of God is near. It is important to recognize these things cause it could mean our lives. People around the world want change, and change is coming but the change that is coming may be more than what they are expecting. ……95 years have passed since Jesus was enthroned….we must prove ourselves ready by keeping on the watch and knowing that the end is near.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

yet JESUS himself says not to be deceived by wars pestilences and earthquakes and famines.

Yet the WT deceives people with these into thinking the end is at hand.

Luke 21: 8

HB

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Good point HB. My family are listening to that kind of drivvle all weekend. I'll mention that point you make to them if they try preaching at me!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

How close are we to the conclusion of the system of things, Matt 24:34 (generation will not pass away....) having an ample understanding of the word generation helps us to know that the end is very near. This generation does not refer to all the anointed since the first century to our day, but rather an anointed class since 1914 make up this generation that will not pass away until all these things have occurred. Now this generation usually refers to people of various ages whose lives overlap for a time period or event so that how we calculate the event of this generation, exact time can not be determined. But we do know this, it would not be excessively long and it does have an end.

w58 10/15 Public Address: God's Kingdom Rules-Is the World's End Near?

44. What did Jesus prophesy concerning this generation to indicate that the world's end is near?

44 This generation of humankind is nearing its normal end. Jesus prophesied that this generation, which saw the Gentile times end amid World War I and the beginning of world sorrows, would also see the end of those sorrows in the world's destruction at Armageddon: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away." (Matt. 24:34, 35; Rev. 16:14, 16) We know not the day or hour, but the world's end is near.

"Ample understanding of the word 'generation'" or not, as the case may be, has had little effect on JWs' belief that the end is near. When the 'generation' had a limit of 30-40 years, it showed the end was near. When it was extended to 80 years, it showed the end was near. When it referred to a 'wicked generation' that was of indeterminate length, the end was still near. When it became 'the generation of anointed' which was of indeterminate length, it shows the end is near.

The end never gets any further away and it never gets any nearer - it's just always as near as it ever was. And the end is near whatever their understanding of generation is!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Know that the end is here!

Is the end 'here' ... or is it 'near'? I'm getting sooooo confused! Time for a drink.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I am pretty sure the speaker in the title said here, I listened to it a few times, though in the body of the talk he kept saying near, near, near...keep on the watch......it is quite confusing, we don't know the day nor hour, but it sure is close.....

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I am pretty sure the speaker in the title said here, I listened to it a few times, though in the body of the talk he kept saying near, near, near...keep on the watch......it is quite confusing, we don't know the day nor hour, but it sure is close.....

• VM44
    VM44

Ramblings of insanity

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

I remember this explanation. This is what Russell said about the 1800's "the worst time in history". He scripturally "proved" that the last days began in 1799 Jesus became King in 1874 all using the same scriptures they use now. If you don't say the end is near you can't get the enthusiasm they need to grow. I recently read stats that show 39,000 people in the US come into the WTS each year and 32,000 go out. How fast would it shrink if 32,000 went out without replacement. Funny Stuff.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Do they mean today, or the exact same things (which were even worse) between about 500 and 1500 AD?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit