Hi, I'd like to introduce myself

by dig692 26 Replies latest jw friends

• dig692
    dig692

Greetings everyone!

After several months of searching these forums I finally decided to join. I have to say I feel both nervous and excited at the same time. But everything I have looked into so far has helped me come to many realizations about the organization so I'm overall very glad to have joined. I guess I will post on that stuff later. For now, just an intro.

I'm 26 yrs old, baptized 6 years ago, married for the past 4 years, and currently DF'd :gasp:: lol. No one in my family is in the org but me, sadly, but then again not so sadly when I really think about it. Anyway, I am really glad this site exists and I look forward to meeting new people and sharing experiences, getting advice, blowing off some steam, etc.

Thanks for reading

• lrkr
    lrkr

Welcome dig,

Don't be nervous. There are a lot of good people here. And they'll all talk to someone whose DFd.

Lrkr.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome. As you know we are coming from a lot of different perspectives here.

How's your spouse doing with the DF'ing?

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi and welcome!

No one in my family is in the org but me, sadly, but then again not so sadly when I really think about it.

Thank goodness for THAT! At least you won't have to suffer the pain that a lot of JWs suffer.....when their family & friends shun them for being DF'd.

I hope you enjoy your new life....free from the mind control of the Watchtower Org.

All the best to you!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board!

• dig692
    dig692

Thanks for the warm welcome!

JWDaughter-well my spouse was the reason for me being DF'd Actually the blame is not all on hime, it was both of us...we did things before marriage that only married people are supposed to do. He isn't baptized though so I got the big punishment and he got off pretty easy. Oh well.

lavender-i love that I don't get shunned at all from my family, and they are actually thrilled that I can join them for holidays and things now, but the problem is my DH's family are all in so I still get the shunning from that side.

--Here's more of my story. I grew up in a totally non JW family environment, never even heard of them until I was a senior in high school. After I graduated some friends (who are no longer friends of mine) persuaded me to study and I was baptized a few years after when I was 20. Shortly thereafter, I met my future husband. He isn't baptized but he was raised in a fully JW environment. We fell madly in love from day one and well, we got caught being naughty, I had to confess to the elders (worst experience of my life) and I got DF'd and he was removed as a UBP. After I was announced, we moved in together, got married 2 years later, and have lived our lives happy as clams just the two of us ever since!

• lrkr
    lrkr

This site is very important for someone like you. That is- I think that it is a great tragedy for someone to be DFd and actually believe in their hearts that maybe JW's have the truth and they really are estranged from God and whatnot.

This site helps you see what the org is really all about. I hope all the best for you and hubby.

• The Berean
    The Berean

WOW ...26 ... that gives you many years to live your life as you decide. Welcome!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi and welcome aboard!

All the best,

Stephen

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I'm 26 yrs old, baptized 6 years ago, married for the past 4 years, and currently DF'd :gasp:

Gasp, I'm df'd too! Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit